2.

I sit in my living room, a plate of toast on my lap, staring idly at it

I turn on the TV to cover up the defeating silence that encompasses my house.

But even the noise of the TV can't cover the voices in my head. Telling me not to eat.

There's a couple loud knocks on my door, and I jump slightly from the suddenness.

Knowing who it is, and what he's like, I quickly rip up bits of my toast and quickly run to the bin, throwing them away, leaving the rest of it on the plate in the living room.

I then go to the front door, opening it and welcoming Oscar into my home.

He immediately wraps an arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his side.

"Hope I didn't interrupt whatever you were doing," he says as he lets me go.

"Nope, I was just eating some toast," I tell him, pushing some hair back over my shoulder.

"Right, well I thought I'd come around and check on you."

"I'm good, Oscar, really," I tell him as we move into the living room.

I move the plate of toast, which now has less than half of it left, from the sofa onto a side table which Oscar doesn't fail to notice.

At least he doesn't know that I threw over half of it away.

"What'd you want to do today, munchkin?" He asks, throwing himself down onto the sofa besides me.

"Why don't we just go on a walk?" I asks, looking at him.

"We can do, we could walk to the Quay?"

"Sounds like a plan, let me just get ready."

"Be quick though, Munchkin," he groans, picking up the TV remote.

"Stop with that fucking nickname," is my only reply.

I hurry up the stairs into my room, and to speed up my getting ready I put on some music.

'Novocane' by Frank Ocean starts playing as I'm looking through my wardrobe for an outfit.

I pick out a long white skirt and a grey-ish top.