10.

Last night Giovanni made dinner for the three of us and if was really nice

Last night Giovanni made dinner for the three of us and if was really nice. Like, really.

If I ignore the overwhelming guilt I felt after eating.

We talked about what's going to happen and the rest of our family. That being Harry, Lorenzo, Taylor and Emilio.

Moretti.

I'm legally a Moretti now, and I don't know exactly how to feel about it.

It feels like losing another part of my mum. First it was her physically, then it's the part of her name I've lived with for majority of my life.

And the place she brought me up in.

Sure, it's not necessarily nice but it was home. With her.

I have the others coming over tonight as a sort of goodbye party (toned down due to the fact my new guardian will be in the same house) but I might take the walk over to the cemetery and say goodbye. Again.

I walk down the stairs and find Giovanni.

"I'm going to the cemetery, to see mum," I announce.

He straightens up, "okay. Do you want either Noah or I to come with you or would you prefer to go by myself?"

"By myself if that's okay," I twist my lips.

"Of course, Principessa," he nods his head gently and I smile at him.

"If either you or Noah wanted to go visit her grave, then I can give you the directions before we leave for America?"

"I'll think about it, thank you," he says.

"Okay," I accept it as I'm very aware they didn't grow up with her as I did. Which I'm still wondering about, but don't know when to bring it up.

"Well I'm going to go now, but I'll be back in around an hour," I tell him.

"I'll see you soon, Principessa," he smiles.

I smile back at him and make my way out of the house, locking the door behind me and putting my airpods in.

-AT
    THE
       CEMETERY-

I open the old gate to the cemetery and make my way towards my mother's grave.

Aimee Daveys.

She must've been a Moretti, too. At least at some point.

I grab the white tulips and white lilies I bought on my walk over and removed the plastic wrapping around them and the band holding the stems together.

I grab two vases from the grave and remove the wiltering flowers, refilling it up with fresh water and putting the new flowers inside. Tulips in one vase, lilies in the other.

After sorting out the flowers I just sit and think, yanking random blades of grass out of the ground.

"You could've told me, Mum. That I had family other than you. You obviously knew," I sigh, and squint at her headstone as I have the sun blaring in my eyes.