ch-15

After a week:-

  It's been a week after king's demise but till now, no one had seen Sidharth or know anything about him. Aranya had started going office and working like before. It helped her a lot to distract her mind. She used to try her parents's phone everyday, but always used to get switched off automated message. She used to send voice note for them. So that they can know about her when they will come back.

     She was thankful that in office, no one knew about her so called marriage and it was biggest relief for her. The only thing which used to irritate her,seeing security team around her. She had noticed when she had come to that office first day, there was not too much security around it and even in home too but since last few days, whole office building and campus was covered with security blanket and every person had to go through rigorous security check before entering into campus. The home, where she used to live, she had noticed extra fencing overnight on the campus walls and main gate and as she heard from staff, it had electric shock and alarm system, in case anyone try to cross it. Earlier she had seen only two security guard at main gate but now there used to be dozen ones and two black scorpio cars always used to follow her car, one from front and other from back. Neither she had seen their faces nor they ever tried to talk with her.

    She used to feel so weird being around this much security and even tried to ask Rana Sahab and Samar, only two persons whom she had talked personally but they used to give her only one line answer that, "it's Chote Hukum's order", that's it, nothing more or less. She was not able to understand the reason behind it and the person who could answer her questions was nowhere to be seen. She had not seen him after that night's conversation. Although, she doesn't care what he do or where he live but she wanted to ask him the reason behind this much security all of a sudden because she knew no one else will say anything to her.

   She was working overtime in the office for two reasons, first, whole team was working to finish deadline and second, she wanted to keep her as much busy as possible. That night, she reached home around 8:00pm and went directly to her room. Around 9:00 pm, she came downstairs for dinner and got shocked to find Sidharth on dining table. He was busy in eating and didn't notice her. She slowed down her steps and now in two minds to go there or not but then she remembered, she needed to talk to him and if she will miss this chance then God only knows when she will get another one so, she decided to go there. She went and sat on the opposite side of dinning table where Sidharth was sitting.

  When Sidharth felt someone's presence, he looked up to see the person and got surprised to find her sitting there. Sidharth tried to say something but realised it will be futile, so remain quiet and started eating in hurry. Aranya was feeling weird to see him like that. He was looking so different from last time when she had seen him. His beard had grown too much, hairs too. He was looking like someone who had not slept or look after himself since ages. Then she noticed he stood up and was about to go. She immediately stood up too and spoke.

  " I need to talk to you" She said bluntly.

  " Yes, I am listening. I hope there is no problem." He asked casually.

  " Will you care to explain, why there is too much security everywhere? and don't tell me, it's normal because when I came here, it was nothing like that. One more thing, I want to talk to my parents.
I want to make sure that they are safe" She demanded from him.

  " Unfortunately, I have more enemies than well-wishers. So, I need to make sure that they don't harm anything related to me and as I told you, till you are here, it's my responsibility to make sure that you don't face any troubles. Moreover, are you having any kind of discomfort because of security? Are they interfering in your personal life or stopping you from doing something? If you don't have any of such issues then I don't think, you should be concerned about security at all. As far as your parents are concerned, I guess, you forgot that their vacation will be over next week and they will come home.So, after that you can talk to them but keep in mind what I said because my condition is for throughout time not just for few days. I hope now your confusion is cleared. Anything else?" Sidharth asked her coldly.