29

(this is your comfort because of the end of Who's There..? From Binky_banks because they crushed my soul and a few others aswell.)

Dinner went so well, much better than Connie could've ever imagined. Charlie got along so well with her family, it was as if they had known each other for years. Everyone just clicked.

It was getting dark out, so the pair had left her parents with promises to bring Charlie back someday. She knew she would have to follow through on said promise, as he had been talking about Dungeons and Dragons with her dad almost non stop since he had originally brought it up.

Connie buckles her seatbelt, making sure Charlie did so too, "Don't ever forget to wear your seatbelt, it's incredibly important."

Charlie raises as eyebrow, starting the car, "Any specific reason why you're saying that?"

"Few months ago an old friend from school got in a car crash, he almost died because he wasn't wearing one," Connie says, "he's still in a neck brace and shit."

"Oh," Charlie mutters, "I'm- not sure what to say?"

"Just buckle up, Buster," Connie looks away, facing the front window of the car, staring into the distance, "To all the viewers out there, this actually happened. Wear you're seatbelts."

Charlie laughs despite the conversation, "Who are you talking too?"

"The viewers," Connie says, "Duh," she looks around, "this isn't the way to my house, Charlie. Where are we going? Oh my god. Are you kidnapping me?"

"I'm not kidnapped you," Charlie is quick to soften her fears, "I just thought we could take a detour."

"I'm utterly wounded," She bemoans, "I thought we had something, Char. This is the worst day ever-" the car pulls to a stop, Connie looks around and spots no one, not a single soul, "What the fuck? Are you actually kidnapping me?"

"No," Charlie says, "If you looked a little harder, which I understand is very difficult for you, you would realize that we are at a park right now."

Connie stares at him, "You understand it's like 10:00 at night, right?"

"Wait- really?" Charlie gasps sarcastically, "I had no idea!! Come on, I want to go down the slide."

He jumps out of the car, sprinting towards the playground. Connie sat there for a second, processing what was happening, but she got up as well, following behind him.

She laughs as he runs up the steps on the side of the slide before flinging himself down the children's toy.

After, he runs back towards her, "I don't think I'm supposed to be on there," he says, panting slightly, "the whole thing was like- shaking under me. It was insane."

Connie laughs, "Are you sure it wasn't the fact that you were literally sprinting up those stairs at top speeds? Because that's what I would've thought it was."

"No, I don't think so," Charlie says, "definitely not that," he turns towards the vehicle again, "I have snacks in the car, care for a late night picnic?"

"Wha- did you actually come prepared for this?" Connie splutters, "You genuinely planned for a picnic in the dark? That's kind of funky."

He makes a face, "It's not. I just think ahead."

Without saying anything else, content to just stay in silence, the pair makes their way to the car. They grab a picnic basket of snacks that were 'hidden' in the trunk, and Charlie hands her a blanket to lay on the ground for them.

They set up to the left of the park, sitting down on the blankets and smiling to themselves, not knowing the other was doing the same.

Charlie hands her a can, "I got this, since I don't know what else you drink," he says, looking away a little.

She takes the can, inspecting it, "Hey, this is the Monster I like, Pipeline Punch. How'd you know?"

He shrugs, "You talked about it on the Love or Host, I guess it just stuck."

Connie raises an eyebrow, "I know I drank it at the Love or Host, but I'm not sure I ever explicitly talked about it."

"You mentioned it," he says, "otherwise I wouldn't have remembered it, right?"

She smiled, "Right, yeah."

Connie had definitely never talked about her favourite monster.

Charlie grinned back at her, pulling a bluetooth speaker out of the picnic basket, "I have a favour to ask."

"Why do you just have a speaker?" Connie says, "Doesn't matter. What's this favour you speak of?"

"Teach me to line dance?" He says hesitantly, "I have a few songs that I saw you do on your line dancing stream, and I'm not that good at it," he trailed off.

She stands up, brushing off her legs even though there wasn't anything, "Sure!" she says, reaching her hand out to help him up, he accepts it gratefully, "What song are you wanting to do first?"

"The warm up one you did..? Boot Scootin' Boogie, I think it's called," Charlie replies, going onto his phone to find the song.

Once it begins playing, Connie starts to explain the steps to him, "So you're going to go to the left, one, two, three, four, that's called a grapevine, by the way..."

Apparently, as the pair begins to learn, Charlie is terrible at line dancing. He took at least 15 minutes to pick up the first dance, which has got to be a record somewhere, and from there it just went downhill.

They had done Boot Scootin' Boogie and Cotten Eyed Joe now, and Connie had been beginning to teach him Good Time. One of the many nice things about Charlie is that he didn't give up, no matter how many times they lost place and had to restart.

"Okay," Connie relents as the song finishes up once again, it had played three time all the way through now, "can we take a break? I need a sit down, and a drink."

"Yeah, of course," Charlie says, sitting down on the blanket and patting the space beside him.

Connie takes a seat beside him, looking up at the sky, "As much as it sucks that we can't really see the stars, it must be a lot worse where Dev is," she says, "the moon is really nice, though."

"The moon is beautiful tonight," Charlie agrees, and when Connie looks at him she realizes that he isn't looking at the moon, but at her.

Connie smiles, "Isn't that something people say to flirt?" she asks, laughing, "Are we flirting right now?"

Charlie looks away, "Well, actually I was wondering if I could ask you something."

"Sure, go ahead," Connie says, raising an eyebrow.

He looks back at her, "Would you want to go on a date with me?" he smiles hesitantly.

Connies face splits into a grin, "No."

"Oh!" He says, "That's- that's okay," he moves to get up but Connie stops him.

"Dumbass, you didn't let me finish!" She groans, "I wouldn't like to go on a date with you-"

"Way to rub salt in the wound," he mumbles.

"I would love go to on a date with you."

"Oh."

Connie laughs at the disbelief on his face, "Can't believe you thought I'd say no," she says, pulling him into a hug.

Charlie grins, leaning into the embrace, "Well, you kinda did. You had said no."

"I thought it was obvious I was still talking!" She defends, though shes grinning too.

They stay silent for a minute, enjoying each others presence, "So.. were going on a date?" Charlie asks.

"Yes, I think we are."

----
(a/n: SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG SCHOOLS BEEN KICKING MY ASS AND IM ONLY A WEEK IN!! Ohohohohoho they're going on a date!!!!!!!! i shouldn't be freaking out this is my book.)