32

IRL

"Calm down," Dev soothes, "it's obvious he likes you. Its going to be great, and you'll fall in love or whatever."

Connie groans, throwing item after item out of her closet, "But what if it actually goes bad? He could hate me, Dev."

"But he doesn't" her friend points out, "he literally asked you out. Listen, he's going to be there any moment, so I'm going to let you go, okay?"

"Okay," Connie agrees, "goodbye."

Dev says her goodbyes, hanging up the phone of Connie, leaving her to panic. She was right, Charlie was meant to be here any moment, and Connie hadn't even chosen out what she was going to wear.

She flopped down on her bed, screaming into her covers before hauling herself up once more. She quickly scanned out all the options she had pulled out, finding something suitable to wherever Charlie was taking her.

Connie lands on a simple emerald green dress. It was tight around the top with a flowey skirt reaching knee high on her legs.

Without thinking much, she puts it on, matching the dress with a black purse and boots. Afterwards, she sprints into the washroom, grabbing her makeup to put up.

She smiles while putting it on, reality sinking in. Connie's going on a date with Charlie, and he was going to be here any moment now.

Connie finishes up her makeup, rushing downstairs to feed Cement before she left. She poured food in the bowl, explaining to the cat that she was only going to be gone for a few hours. Cement didn't care, content with dinner.

The doorbell rang.

She jumps, somehow not anticipating the noise. It took a moment to recover, but then she was walking to the door, jittery with excitement.

Connie stands infront of the door, taking a deep breath to collect herself. She opens the door, "Hi," she says, before looking at Charlie's outfit, "oh my god."

Charlie was dressed in a fill tuxedo. A classic black tie to top it off. He held a corsage in his hand, grinning at Connie.

"Don't I look handsome?" He asks, doing a little spin, "Hold out your hand, let me give you the flower thing."

Connie complies, holding her arm out and having to physically stop herself from giggling as he slips the corsage on, "I feel like a middle schooler right now."

Charlie grins, "Me too, don't worry," he says, "you look good, by the way."

"You don't look too bad yourself," She says back, "but how formal is this date?? I'm a little concerned."

He shrugs, "Trust me, you're not underdressed," he takes Connie's hand, leading her to the car.

Charlie opens the door for her at said car, before walking around and getting into the drivers side of the vehicle. He silently hands her the aux, and Connie grins at the offer, accepting it gratefully.

She scrolls through her playlists, clicking on one titled 'Cornelia Street'. It was a collection of love songs, and the Taylor Swift song named after her caused for a perfect name for the playlist.

The beginning of Everybody Talks by Neon Trees sounded through the car, making Charlie grin. She sung along to the hole thing, not really caring that someone else was in the car.

The pair stops in front of a nice restaurant, it looked locally owned. Which was odd for such a high class looking place.

Charlie got out before she could even unbuckle her seat, walking over and opening her door again. She grins, stepping out and taking Charlie's hand as they walk into the building together.

They wait at the entrance desk for a minute or two, before a waiter walks up, "Hello. We are very packed tonight, so unless you've booked a reservation in advance there will be quite the wait list."

Charlie smiled, "We actually have a reservation. It should be under Dalgleish."

The waiter looked down at the desk for a moment, running his finger along a piece of paper, "Dalgleish.. oh. Right here. You two can follow me," he motions them along, before turning and walking away.

Connie follows, Charlie not far behind her. They get seated at a table in the corner, there's a vase of roses on it, and a candle beside it.

Charlie pulls out her chair for her, and Connie can't help but think about how well the night was going to go for the two of them.

"So," Connie says, "what do you think you're getting? For a drink, I mean."

Charlie huffs, "Not sure. Maybe I'll get a margarita. Ted would be proud."

She gives him an odd look, "Weirdo. I am getting a chocolate milkshake, because I am not a basic bitch."

"What the hell?" He laughs, "That's like- more basic, I think."

"No-" She gasps suddenly, "Char! We could share the milkshake, the two straws thing? Like in the movies!!"

He laughs, "You know what? Sure. Let's do that."

Right on time, the waiter showed up. This time however, he looked oddly distressed, "Hello again, sorry I'm in a bit of a rush, trouble back in the kitchen. What can I get you started with?"

Connie smiles, "It's no problem, we'll be quick ordering. Can we get a chocolate milkshake? With two straws, maybe?"

The waiter nods, "Of course you can. Will that be all for now?" The pair says yes, and the waiter leaves again in a rush.

"Wonder what that's about," Charlie muses, "imagine the kitchens on fire or something."

Connie laughs, "Don't jinx it. This is supposed to be an awesome date."

"The most awesomest date ever," He agrees.

The pair falls silent.

"So.." Connie says, "how does one create the awesomest date in the first place?"

All the sudden, an older looking working rushes out of the kitchen, "Fire!" He shouts, "Fire in the kitchen! Everyone out!!"

Smoke pours out from the kitchen at that second, and Connie looks are Charlie, "Can't believe you actually jinxed it."

----
(a/n: oopsies fire teehee its important to the story guys dw no one will die (BINKY ISTG IF YOU SPOIL))