1.

Recently watched a movie and that idea is all I can think about.

Maybe one shot, we'll see

"Thomas. We do so hate to be indiscreet, but we have told you many times, if you are to seek power in these days of shiny magazines and society photographs, sooner or later, you will have to find a spouse who is more suitable." Oswald's words pounded like a bell inside Tommy's head, he took deep breaths as an actual bell rang, loud and clear, unlike his thoughts. "A woman with Lizzie's past and personal history really isn't suitable." He closed his eyes briefly, trying to shake them away, to no avail. "She doesn't deserve you, Mr. Shelby."

But this one does? Thomas questioned himself, as he placed a soft kiss on the pearly silk glove his soon-to-be wife had on, trying not to focus on her teary eyes.

"If anyone has an objection to this wedding, speak now, or forever hold your peace." The priest asked, hoping, no, praying, for no interruptions. As did the bride's family.

"uh..." The girl merely opened her mouth, glanced to her side, and decided to hold her peace, figuring it would be the only peace she would have from now on.

"Very well, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband...and wife." Thomas sighed, forcing a smile, mirroring the crowd gathered inside the church. "You now may kiss the bride." As soon his hands touched her cheek, he felt the single wet tear that escaped her eyes, falling on his fingers, It was warm but it felt like fire, burning his skin.

He kissed her regardless, despite the silent cries that came from his wife, and hated himself for it, but not more than she did. His wife.

His pristine, suitable for shiny magazines and society photographs wife.

Her past and personal history wasn't like Lizzie's, it somehow managed to be worse, but who cares when you have money, lands, and a title?

Not Thomas, not the upper class that surrounded them, oblivious to her true past, or the relatives that dealt her off, relieved to see her gone and neither did the girl herself, after all, she's a Shelby now.

They did meet in a curious setting, so of course things wouldn't be as simple

"Close your mouths, eh?" Thomas had warned his brothers as they made their way into the manor. Lord Harold Tate Rutherford was hosting a party with all the interested parties, aristocrats, politicians, and gangsters if there's any difference at all in such a peculiar crowd. Even though he was part of it, the thought of mingling with the rest of them, made his empty stomach churn. "Those bastards are taught to look down at us since birth, let's not give them any reason."

"Yes, my lord." Finn smiled and saluted him, walking around the room, wasting no time grabbing a glass of whiskey from a server, whose tray nearly turned when Arthur took two cups at once. 

"Arthur." His icy blue eyes burned a hole in his brother's back.

"Don't worry, I promised Linda that I would be on my best behavior." Arthur's response was unsatisfactory to Thomas, who tilted his head and fixed his tie. "What?"

"Just amused by how tight your leash is." Thomas scoffed and left his older brother behind. His mood was dreadful as ever, he barely got any sleep and if he did, he was tormented by awful nightmares and worries.

Worrying became part of him, that's all he had done for the past few months and he was sick of it. Even if a Lord's house, well, mansion, was supposedly neutral grounds, it didn't mean his fellow associates wouldn't try anything, which would force him to strike back.