9.

"Leonor!" Diana called as she descended the stairs. "You're not leaving so soon, are you?" She eyed the coat draped over Leonor's shoulders, her fingers stroking the fur. "We've barely had a chance to chat."

Leonor smiled, secretly relieved that Thomas wanted to return to Arrow House. "I'm afraid so, Mrs. Mosley."

"Please, call me Diana. My name hold more credibility, more weight than my husband's, just like yours, my dear." Diana's face briefly hardened before returning to her usual arrogant smirk. "When we told Thomas to find a proper wife, we didn't expect him to do it so quickly, especially with Elizabeth still around."

"Elizabeth?" Leonor frowned, momentarily puzzled before recalling the nickname. "Oh, Lizzie."

"Ugh, such a dreadful name, but it suits her. She was a bore." Diana noticed Oswald approaching and leaned in to bitterly whisper. "And a whore."

"Diana, my love, there you are. I couldn't find Thomas anywhere-"

"So naturally you thought we were together?" The woman laughed, kissing his lips later, she seemed drunk and her previous comments began to make sense. "I'll be back in just a moment, do wait for me, Leonor, will you?"

Before Leonor could say anything, Diana left without hearing her response and she found herself alone with the third Thomas Shelby's associate of the evening.

Oswald approached Leonor, standing uncomfortably close. "And where is Thomas?"

"He's..." Remembering Thomas mentioning he'd fetch the car for their departure, Leonor hesitated, realizing it had been more than a few minutes. There was a growing concern he might take even longer. "...actually, Mr. Mosley, I'm not quite sure anymore. But please, you are the host; there's no reason to wait for him with me."

Leonor wondered if Oswald's interest was purely social or if it delved into the shadows of past liaisons. She silently hoped he would take a hint and leave her be.

"Nonsense, Diana is far capable of entertaining the guests."

" As I'm cessely reminded," Leonor mumbled in Spanish, taking a deep breath, faking a smile before turning her back to him.

Oswald chuckled, then laughed, which made her turn to look at him, confused. "Gosh, aren't you just an enticing little thing?" His eyes betrayed a curiosity that Leonor found unsettling.

Leonor was truly tired of all this teasing, it was clear that they all were threading the waters, each and every one of them. Testing just as far she would go or how loyal she was to Thomas, like a dog with his handler, who asses how well the dog learned the tricks he was trained to do.

Sit, dog .

"I'm sure if not by him, by Diana, you've become familiar with their...hm, sample."

"Yes, but I thought we've discussed how dull this subject has become by now." She faked a yawn, covering her mouth. "I'm afraid I was mistaken.

Roll.

"Not at all, I do agree with you." He had his hands in his pockets, waiting for her reaction. "It has become dull."

"So why are you still talking about it, Mr. Mosley?" Leonor sighed, crossing her arms, her stomach felt cold when she saw that familiar haircut across the street, talking with someone. "It's truly inappropriate."

Play dead.

"Because it clearly bothers you." She turned around, her face showing no hint of playfulness, not even to mimic his tone. "There's a way we could put this dull yet inappropriate sample behind us."