ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Why do people lie? Is there a pathological reason for it?

3rd POV

Tara and Meredith were laying on their bathroom floor while Cristina was in the tub.

"It's not us. It's them. Them and their stupid boy penises." Said Meredith.
"I'm more angry about the fact that he lied about having a wife than the fact that he actually has a wife." Said Tara.
"It's not that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business. Like it was a business transaction like he's the boss of me!" Said Cristina
"He is the boss of you."
"And what's worse is that I care."
"Btw you never told us what's the whole history with Stone?" Tara asked Meredith.
She sighed. "He was a student of my mother's at Mayo Clinic. We dated for a couple of years then broke up and started it up again when we started working here. Then a few weeks ago we got into this big fight and almost broke up. But it turns out that that day he got drunk and slept with someone else."
"Sorry Mere—"
"Oh that's not even the worst part. The bitch showed up the other day saying that she is pregnant and Tim is the father. And now he doesn't know what to do."
"I think I'm gonna throw up again." I said. "No. Wait. False alarm."
"Look, the problem is estrogen."
"No, the problem is tequila."
"And vodka, and men. Stupid stupid men."
"I used to be all business, and then he goes and gets me pregnant."
"With the stupid boy penis."
"Now, I'm having hormone surges. He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid, pregnant girl. Who cares! Estrogen!"
Izzy walks in. "Penises. Penises Izzie." Said Meredith. Then George walks in.
"Estrogen George." Says Cristina.
"Stupid stupid men." Tara added.
"Okay. What did I miss?" George asked Izzy.
"I came home to full on vomit drama. Apparently she dumped Derek, Timothy dumped her and she's been sleeping with Burke!"
"So you are not with Stone anymore?" George asked Meredith.
"Men" Tara said rolling her eyes.
"I feel empty."
"Two hours of vomiting will do that to you."

Lie and lie and lie, is that all people do?

"No, I feel empty."
"You're lucky. I feel pissed off."
"Me too I almost punched him when I found out."

*

They arrive to the hospital and Derek is waiting for Tara.
"Stop."
"What?"
"Stop following me."
"Can we please talk."
"You're still married, there is nothing to talk about."
"No. Come on I bared my soul to you last night."
"It's not enough."
"How can that be not enough?"
"Like I said Derek, I told you things no one else knows, you lied to me for months and I had to find out about your wife by her showing up, all leggy and fabulous and telling me herself. I gave you my trust, which I don't do and you stomped all over it."

People lie all the time. We lie to hide embarrassment. We lie to avoid other people...

Burke walked in. "Dr. Shepherd."
"Dr. Burke."
"Ah, we have an organ donor coming in this afternoon from Wilkeson General. Dr. Stone is doing a harvest.  In OR one at four."
"I'm in OR one at four."
"Your surgery is non-critical"
"You can't bump me"
"You'll be first up tomorrow. As Chief I can."
"Interim chief. Bump somebody else!"
"You're in the OR we need."
"Why don't they do the harvest at Wilkeson?"
"Small facility in the boonies. A duck in a box. We have the location, the airport nearby and the staff. Your surgery is rescheduled."
"Mine's bigger than yours." Cristina told Tara.
"Whip it out. I'll measure." Said Alex
"Shut up, Alex."