Chapter 14

Meera had lost the count of the days she spent in cruel anticipation. She somehow managed to get back to work. Everybody knew something was up as she showed up in a straight brown kurti. Meera was sad when she wasn't in Anarkali.

It was a second Saturday as her phone pinged with a notification. It was from her mother.

Maa : I have a surprise for you. Come soon!

Maa had the real key to make someone anxious. All I could think about now was what was the surprise. Shaking the thought, I focused on the diet plan in front of me.

'I hope you are keeping up with the plan, Mr. Sharma.' Meera asks him suggestively as he nods.

'That's more like it.' She gives him a smile.

Sitting down, I let out a sigh. I was finally done with the day. It was time to get home to my comfort.

I plugged in my earphones and listened to Abhi na jao chhodkar on the way home, wondering what Maa was talking about.

'Maa, I am home. What were you talking about? What surprise?'

Meera said into nothingness as no reply came for her. Her gaze drifted off to the dining table. An envelope sat there in all its glory.

'A letter? Who sent us a letter?'

She moved forward towards the table and her heart dropped a beat. It was a letter for her. From her Arjun. Her fingers moved carefully over the written address.

From

Arjun Sengupta

Srinagar

It felt kind of weird. An essence of him. Only she knows how she survived these days.

Meri Meera,

It's been long and it feels lonely here without you. These past days that we have spent together are enough to keep me warm through the stone cold days of Srinagar. So, don't waste your tears. I would hate to be the reason behind them. These white peaks of mountain invoke a sense of peace as they remind me of you in these terror laden Valley. Words can't even begin to describe how the days are going by.

I know the uncertainty must be killing you but it fills me with peace to know that somebody is holding onto me. I want to come to you soon.

Wait for me.

Yours,

Arjun

The letter made Meera choke on her tears. Arjun had a deep understanding of who she was in little of this one month. She held the letter close to her heart, it felt like him. Getting up from the chair, she looked for the wooden box that Maa had once gifted her, carefully keeping the letter in it. She came back at the table with a blank sheet of paper and a pen, ready to write back to him. But what would she write? How can she ever describe what she is feeling for him? Her tears stain the page involuntarily as she moves it aside. Opening her phone, she opens his photograph, he looked so charming in that full smile that he adored. Oh, how she wished for him to keep smiling always.

Her phone ringed breaking her trance. It was Khushi. The girl does not rest even for a little bit. Wiping the tears of her face, she answered the phone.

'Kya hogaya hai, Meera? Kitna message kiya, online ho fir bhi no reply. Why?' Khushi Spoke as soon as she answerecd.

[What happened Meera? I am messaging you, even when you are online, you are not replying. Why?]

'Abhi abhi aayi thi mai. Aise hi khola tha abhi. Reply karti itne mei you called me.'

[I just came now and opened the app just like that. Before I could reply you called me.]

With that she started off with it and like that I was not crying anymore. I loved my Khushi.

A/N

This is a very short chapter but I just wanted to update to be connected to the story. I am not getting enough time with the college but do keep showering the story with love. And I will come with Arjun's POV super soon. 

Until next time.