8

Waking up felt like a nightmare.

Your face felt like it was stuffed by the bandages, and the blaring lights from the ceiling were like they were burning right into your exposed retina.

And then... There was the same old disgusting sterile scent of the antiseptics of a hospital that you were met with. Your heartbeat monitor beeped constantly to show your living form and you felt so uncomfortable with the roll of bandages wrapped all around the left side of your face.

As you got up, you sat idle. You didn't know what else to do except for recalling what had happened. You last remembered getting woken up by Shoto because he needed to use the toilet and then...

He came across Rei in the kitchen and you followed him. But before he could talk more than a few sentences, the woman tried to hurl a kettle full of boiling water at him... and you jumped in to save him.

Well, despite the fact that it wouldn't have affected Shoto much (because his left side was literally built to put up with burning hot temperatures) you didn't exactly regret your actions. You'd be damned if you let a child get burned right in front of you.

A few more minutes of sitting and recalling the previous events, and a nurse finally walked in. The moment she saw your awakened form, she rushed over to you and began to ask you how you were feeling and if you felt any pain. Surprisingly, you didn't.

But that's probably thanks to the painkillers, so it's not that big of a deal. Since they had your eye wrapped up, you weren't sure if your vision had also been affected or not. You wouldn't be surprised if you managed to get some of the boiling water in your eye too and you ended up blind in that eye.

"Well, I'm glad you're up and well. Your family had been waiting patiently to see you, you know?" You didn't, actually. Because you just woke up.

But you bowed your head and she smiled while letting you know that the doctor would be coming to check up on you and then you would be allowed to meet your family.

The said doctor came in not even 5 minutes later, sporting a gentle smile on his face as he addressed you. He also asked the same old questions of if you were feeling any pain or if you were uncomfortable.

Both to which the answers were no.

After a little while of back and forth with the doctor, the nurse from before knocked and came in. She looked nervously at the doctor while the man sighed before turning to you and giving you a tired smile, "Well, it seems like your father is way too worried to see you, huh? We'll be letting you guys talk with some privacy, so don't worry, okay? You're a strong girl, you'll heal up just fine!"

He gifted you one last smile before Enji was finally allowed inside your room and you glanced your only eye in his direction, "How are you feeling?" He started, keeping his gaze held against yours.

Meanwhile, you narrowed your eye at him in suspicion. Why does he suddenly care?

"Will you answer my or not?"

"I'm fine." Your answer came out even flater than you had expected but you weren't complaining. Keeping his eyes trained on you, the man huffed before turning around and walking out the door.

A few minutes past and you realised that that's all he wanted to ask of you. If you were okay... What the hell? Did something bite him or what? Did he really just come here to inquire about your well-being? The same man who considered you a villain?

But thankfully, you weren't left to focus on your confusion for much longer because your thought process was immediately stopped by a familiar voice right outside the door, "Young master, you should just go inside and see her. I assure you that the young miss would never hate you-"