20

"We should say our goodbyes, if we're leaving for good..."

Touya was the one to suggest that, almost looking a little too eased up at prospect of leaving.

As much as you knew that he had only given those suggestions simply to sway you in your decision, even you had to consider that something that he was using as an excuse had the possibility to become a reality.

And you weren't about to take that risk.

Because this wasn't just your or Touya's life on the line anymore... It was the entire Todoroki family's. You needed to weigh out the pros and cons of every possible option you had before taking a final decision. And with the given circumstances, this was the best you could come with.

You just hoped that this would be temporary.

After you processed Touya's suggestion, you nodded mindlessly and watched the boy carefully trudge to where his old room was, "Let's meet up here in 30 minutes." He stated and you nodded, while your eyes were still swirling with slight confusion.

"You're not going to see Natsuo or Fuyumi one last time?" You couldn't help but question and the albino boy turned to you with a bitter smile.

"Who cares about them when I have you?"

For some reason... that sentence of his sent chills down your spine.

But you made no efforts to address what he had said.

When he had finally left, you peered inside the training room and stared at the eerie darkness. With how long you and Touya had taken to calm yourselves, Shoto and Enji had long left to sleep.

In a way, this was beneficial for you because you can see your siblings one last time before you leave. Firstly, you dragged your feet towards Fuyumi's room, only to see that she was fast asleep.

You sat on the window sill, soaking up the sight of your sister one last time. You're going to miss her... She cared for you, despite being only a child herself. She deserved better, she deserved to enjoy her own childhood instead of fostering her little brothers.

The more you stared at her, the more you noticed just how tired she looked. She had some pretty heavy eyebags, like she had been overworking herself. And you don't doubt that she must have been. With the lack of Rei and the loss of both Touya and you, you're sure raising Shoto and Natsuo must have taken a heavy mental toll on the poor 14-year old.

You wished you could do something more to help her, but truthfully, there was nothing you can do. All you could was just stare at her once more, and pray in your head for her to grow up strong and happy.

After that, you swinged off to the other side of the window before walking towards Natsuo's room.

The big boy had his window wide open, similar to Fuyumi which allowed you enter with ease.

The moment your eyes landed on his child-like features, your heart ached. Despite how much bigger he was compared to all of you, he was still... so young. You turned your head to his desk, over which several books were sprawled.

You walked a bit closer and saw the little posters on his desk and walls. The moment your single seeing eye read what they were, you felt your misery only increasing.

They were all news paper clippings of the Sekoto Peak incident...

Your eyes watered as you looked around, seeing how he had saved every single article that covered the incident, highlighting the parts in which people wrote how two children had died in the fire(Endeavor didn't let people find out that those children were his). One of the articles that stood out to you, especially because Natsuo had marked all over it, was the one in which the author wrote about how the children could have been saved if only certain steps had been taken.