19

For a moment, you just stood there.

Your mind was still going a mile a minute, yet you were struggling to process your own actions. You acted purely on muscle memory; kill anyone who poses a threat.

But the moment the weight of your actions truly hit you, the light in your eyes dimmed as you felt the crushing misery that had accompanied you.

Ah... You really did it, huh?

Killed a bunch of kids simply because they were threatening the safety of your family.

You stood there silently, slowly watching the building go up in flames. Your mind had completely shut off, so you didn't even think about getting back to Touya.

I killed them... I really killed them all...

The reflection of the flames shined in your eyes, but your gaze was unfocused; hazy. Almost like you weren't even there, mentally.

I wonder... if I kill myself right now... will my death even have any meaning? It was all my fault... I was weak. I let All for One escape in the first place and obtain immortality...

Suddenly, the idea of death didn't seem that bad to you. At least you won't have to face your failures...

But unfortunately for you, you were immediately tugged away before you could even think of walking towards the burning building.

"[Name]!!" Touya's voice rang in your head, clearing up the fog that was clouding your mind.

Why.... is he back? You told him to run away...

"... What?" You muttered in instinct and he casted his gaze up ahead.

Fire... so much fire.

And just in front of both of you, lied the dead body of the girl who had chased you two; Miyo.

Bile returned to the young boy's throat, but he didn't dare mutter a complaint. One look at you and the girl lying on the ground was enough for Touya to understand what had taken place here.

In the back of his mind, he felt like he heard a small voice muttering: it's all his fault.

This only happened because he couldn't control himself from lashing out, from hurting Mr. Sun... Unfortunately, that Kurohiko kid just had to act like a hero and jump in.

If only–no... It wasn't the kid's fault... because Touya was the reason for his death.

If anything, the albino could slowly feel the crushing guilt taking over him the more he studied your expressions.

You looked so... dead.

It was almost ironic how dead you looked when you were the one who lived from your fight against Miyo.

"[Name]... we need to get away..." Your brother called out, and you slowly lifted your gaze to rest upon him, "Get away...?"

Oh, right... Touya still needs to get back home...

Mindlessly, you nodded and turned your head back. Your brother stared at you for another good minute before he finally grabbed onto your smaller hand in his larger one, and held onto it tightly.

Don't let go of her... That's the least you can do as her older brother.

The young boy thought in his head, clutching onto your hand firmly before he finally began to lead the way. You quietly walked behind him, following him because he knew more than you.

You never went out the house, but Touya did. He was sure to know his way around whatever place you guys are in. So you left navigating back home to him and focused more on collecting your thoughts.