27

Hii! For today's fanart, we have the handiwork of @RabidNightOwl  so tysm!! I freaking love how we have two parallels of [Name] her, both as a [Last Name] and as a Todoroki. I think it's a fitting art for today's chapter, half of which is basically just an identity crisis... Anyways, tysm for this amazing fanart! I love her hair and those marks near her eyes that make her look like a titan shifter! Now, back to the chapter!

————

Shoto walked away the moment you had told him off.

No matter how hard the dual haired boy tried, he couldn't help the tears that had begun to pool in his mismatched eyes. He rubbed and rubbed, to the point where his eyes had began to sting and turn red, but like clockwork, his eyes would well up with tears all over again.

He tried to understand... so, so hard.

But he just couldn't. Why would you say that?! Why would you say that you didn't know him?!

The more his tears fell, the more miserable he felt.

He walked and walked. Not having the heart to go back home and face Endeavor, of all things, right now. He was in no mood for any training or any of his father's harsh punishments.

And so, he was simply wandering around the festival area. They had decided to postpone the festival and proceed with it tomorrow, with all that villain fiasco that had taken place.

All Shoto could do, was walk through the area as stall owners cleaned up their stalls. He dragged his body forward, his legs working on their own. By now, the boy had shut his brain off, too emotional drained to actually think.

But then... with one last sliver of hope, Shoto's mind finally clicked.

Could it be... that he really had gotten the wrong person?!

You... You were dead, right?

Could it have just been an act of denial for your death, on Shoto's part?

Yeah... That had to be it.

There's no way his sister: you, would ever say something like that to him. You would never refuse to recognize him... You promised that you would always love him.

That's right... You're gone. You're already gone.

They found your vertebrae, you were long dead.

Shoto knew that you were gone.

Then why...?

He thought as tears continued to spill from his mismatched eyes.

Why can't I accept it?

He had to stifle his own sobs as to not alert anyone in the street, so that someone didn't end up asking him if he was a lost kid.

In the end, he went back home with puffy eyes. But no one dared question him as Enji dragged the boy to the training room.

Continuing his hellish routine all over again... without you by his side.

————

Returning home, you mindlessly took your shoes off at the entrance before dragging yourself in.

You don't know what you had been doing after you told Shoto to leave, or how you even got back home.

Home...

Is this home?

Just because you live here with Touya, does that make it your home?