002. 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒇 𝑯𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕

see there's a positive side to everything!

Chapter 002: 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒇 𝑯𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕.

🤍

Arriving at the hospital, Ruby was first out of the car not waiting around for anyone. Ruby Kincaids long distance best friend needed her so waiting was not an option, the others quickly following after the youngest member of the family. Rushing up to the front desk Ruby didn't even let the receptionist speak "I'm here to see Tara Carpenter" the urgency in her tone told the receptionist not to even bother questioning her, typing into her computer the women looked up at the young girl with a small smile "floor 2, room 241. Police will ask you a few questions before you see her"

"Thank you" Ruby swiftly made her way to the elevator not even noticing her parents and siblings jogging to catch up with her "Ruby! Slow down!" Blair called out earning glances from people in the waiting room and around the hospital- she knew these people would recognise her after all the world used to revolve around Blair Kincaid "yeah, roadrunner. It's not like she's going anywhere" Ryder laughed mocking his little sister who glared at him

Jade glared at the people that pointed and whispered about her mother, this whole town knew her and her run ins with Ghostface so to them they probably thought Blair had something to do with it. Mark appeared beside her gently pushing her along "don't give them a reason to talk" he told her, she sighed in frustration "it's just annoying" her dad smiled understandingly "I know, but your moms learnt to ignore them so should you" Jade huffed nodding.

Arriving at Tara's room, Judy Hicks stood outside along with another officer. Blair couldn't help the smirk that grew on her face seeing the blonde women "wow, didn't take you long to replace Dewey" Judy turned with a scowl her eyes narrowing at the sight of the Kincaid women - the two didn't get along too well after Judy took over as Sheriff. Blair knew Dewey didn't 'retire' they asked him to step down, saying he was unfit to be sheriff or in the force anymore - too many injuries apparently. She knows it isn't completely Judy's fault but she still could've voted against it! And now Dewey's whole life had gone down the drain.

"Blair Kincaid, wish I could say this was a pleasant surprise" Blair gave her best shit eating smirk, Mark came up behind his wife putting his hand on her shoulders giving them a reassuring squeeze "Sheriff" he said with a polite smile before anymore could say anything else Jade stepped forward looking down on the smaller women "look we've travelled all night to get here, I'm jet lagged, hungry, and not in the mood to deal with a bitching contest. So if you wouldn't mind kindly letting my sister see her friend that would be much appreciated"

Ryder smirked with pure amusement at his sisters attitude while Ruby stood beside her siblings arms crossed, suggestively raising her brow at the women. Judy nodded "go ahead, Ruby." Ruby gave a false smile before walking past her and into Tara's room, Jade and Ryder went to follow but Judy stopped them "I still got to ask you four some questions" Jade scoffed turning on her heel to face the women "are you being serious?"