meet the parents

Jihyo pulled into the driveway and you placed a hand on her thigh, "baby, I want you to know that if my parents, especially my dad, makes you uncomfortable, we can go home. You just say the word and we'll go."

"Why are you acting like your parents are the scariest people on Earth? We'll be fine, babe. I am confident your parents will love me."

You sigh, "well, my mom already loves you, she's your biggest fan. But my dad will always be a dad, he never approved of anyone I brought home in the past, always saying that they weren't good enough for me."

"Well," Jihyo mimicked you, "he hasn't met me. Also, we need to talk about those people that you brought home to see your parents." Jihyo smirked, and you laughed at her being jealous of your exes.

Stepping out of Jihyo's car, you see your mom and dad standing by the steps of their townhouse. You let go of Jihyo's hand and run towards them, greeting them in a hurry.

"Umma, Appa!" You hugged them both and your mom was eager to see Jihyo.

"Jihyo-ya, come here!" Your mom said, opening her arms and inviting Jihyo in for a hug.

"Hi, Eomeonim, Abeonim." Jihyo hugged your mom and then bowed slightly at your dad.

"Hello." Your dad simply said, eyeing Jihyo from head to toe, which made even the confident Jihyo feel small.

"Come in," Your mom said, pulling Jihyo into the townhouse.

"Bring Jihyo around the house while we finish up cooking for dinner, will you?" Your mom said and you nodded.

Pulling Jihyo behind you, you led her to the backyard where you tell her about how you and your dad used to play with your late dog, Cookie, and how you all like to bathe in the sunlight on the beach chairs or how you all like to take a swim when it got really warm during the summer.

You brought Jihyo to your dad's office next, where there were still your drawings from elementary school on his wall.

Jihyo could tell how close you are with your dad.

Finally, you brought Jihyo to your childhood room. Your mom insisted on keeping your room untouched when you moved out. There were still decorations that you put up from high school and college, photos of you and you parents as well as your dog around your room and bedside table.

You pulled Jihyo onto the bed and sat in between her legs. She rocked the both of you from left to right while humming a happy tune.

"You seem like you have a really good childhood. Your parents raised you well, baby." Jihyo kissed your temple.

"I really did. And now I have you. My life could not be any more perfect." You leaned back and Jihyo placed a kiss on your lips.

A soft knock on your door interrupted the sweet moment between you and Jihyo. Your dad poked his head in, "dinner's ready, muffin, Jihyo."

"Appa! I told you not to call me that when I bring someone home!" You pouted and Jihyo laughed heartily.

"Aww, that's so cute! Let's go, muffin." Jihyo pulled you up and down to the dining area.

It was only fifteen minutes into the dinner when your dad decided to ruin the atmosphere.

Your dad cleared his throat, "so, Jihyo, I know you're an idol and you are probably at your peak right now, but I also know that idols don't earn as much as we expect them—"

"Appa! What are you doing?! Jihyo's financial status is none of your business!"

Jihyo placed a hand on your thigh in an attempt to calm you down.