i love you

"Open your eyes!" You heard Jihyo and opened your eyes to find the entire restaurant empty.

A bouquet of white roses was set on the table in the middle of the restaurant. The bouquet was accompanied by a card addressed to you. You turned to Jihyo with teary eyes and you threw yourself into Jihyo's arms.

"You okay?" You heard Jihyo asked, her hand brushing your hair softly.

You nodded and pulled away.

"Thank you for doing this for me, but I wished you didn't splurge on this."

"I wanted to. I know how you feel about paparazzis, so I wanted you to be comfortable, especially since it's our first anniversary." Jihyo wiped your tears and placed a kiss on your cheek.

Jihyo led you to the table and pulled out a chair for you before taking a seat opposite you.

"This is for you," Jihyo handed you the bouquet of white roses and the card as well, "read this when we reach home, okay?"

You nodded and set the flowers and card aside.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything besides the framed photo of us I gave you this morning." You pouted.

Jihyo stretched her hand across the table, waiting for you to hold her hand.

You took her hand in yours.

"You being in my life is already good enough. I don't need anything else besides you."

"Such a sweet mouth." You brought Jihyo's hand up to plant a kiss on it.

Shortly after, the waitress started serving an eight course meal that Jihyo preordered a few weeks ago.

Knowing that you have a really sweet tooth, Jihyo gave you the last of her chocolate lava cake. You wiped the corners of your mouth with the napkin and smiled delightfully at your girlfriend. "This meal was amazing. Thank you, baby."

"You don't have to keep thanking me, you deserve all these for putting up with me for a whole year now." You could tell tears were swelling on Jihyo's eyes.

"You put up with me, too." You reached across the table to cup Jihyo's chin and stroked her cheek.

"I love you, baby." Jihyo leaned into your touch and put her hand over yours.

You smiled at her and nodded. "I know."

You could've swore Jihyo's face fell just a tiny bit, but you decided not to ask her what was wrong as you didn't want to ruin the romantic atmosphere.

Jihyo fell back onto the bed and covered herself up with the blanket while you climb back from between her legs.

You climbed on top of Jihyo for a moment, her skin was glowing and beads of sweat were forming on her forehead. You kissed Jihyo on her lips, letting her taste herself.

"Hmm." Jihyo moaned as she deepened the kiss. "That was amazing. You are amazing. I love you." Jihyo said as you lay beside her, throwing an arm across her stomach.

"Me too." You said, drawing circles on Jihyo's stomach.

"Really?" Jihyo raised a brow and you propped yourself up on your elbow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You removed your hand from Jihyo's stomach and let it lay in between you and Jihyo awkwardly.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I do."

Jihyo scoffed, "Then why haven't you said it to me yet?"

"Does it matter?"