Sorry We're Closed

Chapter 1

Tina, don't forget you are closing tomorrow for us? Yep. Tina's co-workers left chatting about dates they had planned for valentines Day. Tina sighed, wishing she had a date. What was it about her that men looked past her? For once, she wished they looked into her heart and soul.

Tina cut the library lights off, looking out the window. jeesh, the rain was coming down in buckets. She looked out the windows watching the waterfall from the sky like bricks from heaven.

Tina thought to herself that at least I won't be caught in the rain for Valentine's Day. Tina finished closing the library she made sure all the books were shelved and put in their proper places. She logged in brand new books, holding one or two for herself to read before she put them on the shelves. Tina collected her ring slicker, umbrella, rain galoshes, and her rubber purse to keep her electronics and novels free from water.

Tina grabbed the library keys, walking to the double glass doors, then through the final doors exiting to the street. However, before she could push the last set of doors open, she looked up startled.

Hi, I'm so sorry I'm late, but you have a book that I so desperately need. I need it for research please please, may I have this book? Tina was nervous about letting a man in, and there was no one else around.

There were certain security protocols in place for women, the library set, especially about letting men in after closing hours or anyone for that matter. I'm sorry sir but the library is closed we open tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. one of my colleagues will be able to help you just get here as soon as the doors open. Tina did not unlock the last set of doors and waited until he walked away, but he didn't. Please ma'am it's an emergency. I need it for some research, and this is the only library that has the book in the United States.

Tina giggled that's impossible books are all over the United States. All libraries get at least 10 copies of a piece, especially one of this size and this magnitude. I'm certain that this library has the only copy ma'am this is the largest Library Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn I'm sure it's here please allow me to check I promise I won't bw long.

Tina looked behind the eyes of the stranger. There was something that calmed her a warmness blended with equal spoons of truth behind them that she'd never seen in any human before. Deep down inside of her, there was something saying to her trust him.

Tina shook her head yes opening the door... but only for a moment, I can get in big trouble, you know! Tina yelled through the thick vintage glass of the ornate original doors.  I understand no one will ever know I was here ma'am I'm sure of it. I'm sorry I didn't get your name? My name is Tina, and yours?

My friends call me Harpo. Oh, that is so cute. You mean like the Egyptian god of love Harpokrates, right? Yes, I'm impressed not too many people know about Harpokrates Tina.

Yeah? Well, I'm a nerdy girl pushing her glasses up on her face. I'm into Egyptian mythology and Greek mythology. Harpo watched  her as rain shadows from the windows traced the beautiful silhouette of her angelic face. You mean to say, "You know all about it Tina? Well, I'm not a person who is an expert, but it's a hobby of mine, you know. I look at what comes on the History channel, I read a lot and try to keep myself up on new things that they find out about Egypt and Greece.  Which one do you like the most Greek or Egyptian mythology? Tina stood staring at Harpo she had an answer but thought a little longer than usual.

I would say Egyptian mythology because the Greek stole our culture and turned everything that the Egyptians already did into their own. With that, society accepted the Greek gods and Greek mythology as higher than Egyptian mythology when we both know they stole our history when Anthony married Cleopatra.

Harpo clapped his hands when he did thunder flashed outside with it. Tina looked up. Wow, that's crazy as soon as you clapped the thunder, clapped with you. Yeah, that was crazy wasn't it Tina?  Kinda cool too, Tina, wouldn't you say? I'd say she grinned, looking down shyly.

Okay, Tina sighed. That was a bit of a walk. I'm sorry about that, but the elevators are cut off this time of night. No worries, I could definitely use the exercise, Tina. Tina smiled, looking down shyly, noticing the beautiful flints of Browns and Grays that floated through his eyes. He had the most wonderful smile his teeth were white and perfectly straight, his skin a flawless brown melanin, and his hair, a beautiful kinky that made his face and his chiseled jawline stand out even more.

Now, what did you say you were looking for Harpo? It is called The Book of Love or The Winged Book of Love. Who wrote it?

The Sky God Horus. Tina chuckled. I know we don't have a book in his section with that name on it. I've read every book here, I assure you. Tina looked around when she turned her back. A book glowed behind her she saw the glinting off the wet window panes. Tina turned back swiftly. What is this book doing here? She pulled the book low and behold on the leather bound book. There was the Book of Love written by the sky God Horus.

There it is. Harpo smiled he held out his hands, and the book floated to him. Tina jumped. There's no way. How did you do that? Is it some kind of magic trick? Harper giggle, I guess you can say that it's kind of like I'm into Magic. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry I was trying to impress you. Tina wiped her hair from her eyes. You said you were trying to impress me? Harpo grinned yes Tina would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?"

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, she said in a high-pitched voice.
I know what tomorrow is. Harpo smiled. Oh, I wish I could, but I promised the girls I would close the library. You see, I didn't have a date, and all of them did, so I kind of volunteered. How sweet of you, how Tina, about I pick you up once you close the library?

I'll be dressed in work attire. Is that okay, Harpo? Of course that's okay. What time should I come tomorrow at the same time tonight? Yes 7:00? That works for me Tina. I will be here tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. okay? Yes, see you then. The couple walked out the library slowly, talking about all the books of Egyptian discussion. What is that book about you have there? I've never seen that one before. may I read it when you're done? Sure, why not when I'm finished with it? I'll return it, and you can take it out. How about that, Tina?

Thank you Harpo that would be great. I would love to read it as i stated I never saw it before it's almost as though it came out of nowhere. This place is so big Tina you're bound to miss a book or two.

I guess you're right. Tina locked the library. Harpo escorted Tina to her car. This is me....okay Harpo, same time tomorrow? Yes, I'll be here. If you change your mind, you can call me here at the library, letting me know. I'll understand.

I won't change my mind, Tina, and I won't stand you up.
I'll be here tomorrow as we agreed you have my word as a man.

Tina smiled. My father used to say that you have my word as a man, and anytime he said that to me, he always kept his word. He would never promise he said a promise is comfort to a fool. However, once he gave his word as a man, you better believe he made sure he did what he said he would.

Your dad sounds like he was a good person. He sure was Harpo. I miss him. Okay, you're in your car snug as a bug. Tina, see you tomorrow? Tomorrow, Harpo, thanks for the walk. You are welcome, beautiful.  Tina rolled up her window when she looked out the back of her Volkswagen beetle. Harpo was gone. Tina wiped her glasses just to make sure she wasn't seeing things low and behold, he was not there.

That was fast she whispered to herself. I have a date! She screamed in the car. I have a date! I have a date! Tina signed me for those words all the way home.