~Author's Note~

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for choosing to read Fast Car. This is a story I'm writing for NaNoWriMo. In case you don't know what that is, it's a writing challenge where writers task themselves with the goal of writing 50k words in a month. Since most of my stories are completed at around that word count, hopefully I will have a complete story by the end of the month. 

I'll be posting chapters as they're completed, so there may be multiple updates in one day, or no updates for a few days. (So please forgive me in advance for any plot holes, misspellings, poor grammar, and any other typos you find.) However, this story has been my baby for a while, so I will absolutely finish this story, even if I don't succeed at the challenge. 

The cover is also likely going to change, so please don't think you lost the story! 

Unlike my previous stories, I will be sharing some songs that inspired the story, and adding to them as I go. Obviously, the first songs are Fast Car, both by Tracy Chapman who did it originally, and by Luke Combs, who sings a cover of it. They're both super good, so give them a listen. 

I also plan on doing Write Along streams where you can work along with me as I write and even maybe help me as I write my story. If you'd like to join me, I'll be streaming randomly on YouTube. Just search for slymudbug (I know - my name on there is different) and you'll find me! There's only one slymudbug on there, as well as most other places. 

If you enjoy the story, please comment and vote. I love reading the comments and, sometimes, they're the motivation I need to keep posting. So keep 'em coming! See you at the end!

EDIT: I didn't finish the story for November, but I will keep writing and aim to finish by the start of the new year!