Anniversary Song

[Disclaimer: For those who are new, Y/n means "your name". But most of you probably already knew that.]

It had been 2 months since (Y/n), and Nami became a couple. (Y/n) was a simple man. He was relaxing next to his beloved, both sitting on lounge chairs beneath the hot sun in a summer sea. Nami was wearing a brand new bikini (Y/n) helped pick out the other day. Nami always likes to wear something new, something expensive, she really knows how beautiful she is. That's why she likes clothes, makeup, and other things that can enhance her beauty. She does it for herself, never really to impress others. That doesn't stop (Y/n) from being impressed, of which Nami appreciates. Unlike most men, Nami will always take a compliment from (Y/n) to heart. A compliment from someone is nice, but when it's from someone you truly love, it can make your whole day.

(Y/n): My, you're radiating today.
Nami: Oh, is that so? You're just now noticing?
(Y/n): Hey, it doesn't take observation haki to see how much I like you.
Nami: Oh, that was smooth. You got me there.

On board the thousand sunny, the rest of the crew were mostly screwing around. Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper were doing whatever it is children do to entertain themselves on a hot sea voyage. Zoro was passed out drunk. Franky was downstairs making a few modifications to his equipment (powered by Cola of course). Robin tended to her garden. Jimbie steered the ship. And Sanji was preparing an icy tangerine tea for Nami. He left the kitchen to deliver his masterpiece to Nami. Perhaps in hopes he can win her heart back away from (Y/n).

Sanji: Here ya go, Nami-swan! One tasteful tea.
Nami: Thanks, Sanji.
(Y/n): Hey, where's my drink?
*Sanji turns to him in a deadpan tone*
Sanji: Oh yeah. Here ya go.
*gives him a milk carton*
(Y/n): uuuuhh, I was expecting something a little less... cheap?
Sanji: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you like wasting drinks. I'll just take it and give it to a thirsty child somewhere in a poor country
(Y/n): ... I'll just take the milk.
Sanji: Fucking right you will.
*He leaves*

(Y/n): Is it just me, or has Sanji not moved on?
Nami: He's gonna have to get used to it. He can't keep clinging onto me forever. Although his devotion comes in handy when I need something.
(Y/n): Luckily, he can't do something a little bit more... Close. That's just for us.
Nami: That is true
*She gives him a kiss on the lips.*

Brook: Psst.
(Y/n): Hm?
*He spots Brook trying to get his attention.*
Brook: Over here!
(Y/n): I'll be right back.
Nami: Don't take too long, darling.

(Y/n) then meets up with Brook to discuss an important subject.

Brook: Alright, I've got the lyrics down.
(Y/n): You sure their good?
Brook: Do no doubt the Soul King.
(Y/n): I just don't want the song to be a love letter to panties is all.
Brook: Of course it isn't! This song is for a dear friend!
(Y/n): Aw, that's cute, let me see it.
Brook: Well...
*(Y/n) takes the song from Brook, only to see some of the lyrics dedicated to Nami's panties*

*After giving a huge punch to Brook, (Y/n) modified the lyrics to he more romantic then perverted*
Brook: You really made my head turn purple, but that's wierd because I have no skin! Yohohoho!
(Y/n): Okay, this is a MUCH better song.
Brook: Well I guess I need an editor every now and then. Have you've been practicing your guitar?
(Y/n): I was up last night perfecting my skill until I can be absolutely sure I'm good...
Brook: What's wrong?
(Y/n): Even with all that practice, I feel nervous. I mean, what if I mess up.
Brook: She won't care.
(Y/n): But she deserves the best!
Brook: Relax, breathe. Do what I do, even though I don't have lungs to property breath! Yohohoho! But seriously, if you're gonna perform a song for her, to do your best, you've got to shake all those nerves out of you.
*(Y/n) starts literally shaking his nerves out*
Brook: Well, if that helps, go for it. And just be confident. Forget about what ifs. Let your heart out! The best music is the ones that come from the heart! Take is from me, who doesn't have a heart. Yohohoho... hohoho... waahh!!!
(Y/n): Did you just hurt your own feelings?
Brook: Just go for it, man! You'll do great! Remember the lessons!
(Y/n): Okay...

With newfound confidence, (Y/n) grabs the guitar and prepares to sing a love song. For His and Nami's anniversary.

Nami: Hm?
(Y/n): Happy anniversary.
Nami: Oh?

Now, I would probably put an original song here, but quite frankly, I'm too lazy. So we're just gonna say in this universe, this copyrighted song from our world, was invented by Brook and (Y/n) in this world.

🎶If you could see me now...

The one who said that he would rather roam...

The one who said he'd rather be alone...

If you could only see me now.

If I could hold you now
Just for a moment, if I could really make you mine

Just for a while turn back the hands of time

If I could only hold you now
I've been too long in the wind, too long in the rain

Taking any comfort that I can
Looking back and longing for the freedom of my chains
And lying in your loving arms again

If you could hear me now
Singing somewhere in the lonely night
Dreaming of the arms that held me tight
If you could only hear me now

Oh I've been too long in the wind, too long in the rain
Taking any comfort that I can
Looking back and longing for the freedom of my chains
And lying in your loving arms again
I can almost feel your loving arms again🎶

Nami: Wow... *She claps* that was good! Did you come up with that?
(Y/n): I had some help.
Nami: Wow that was, really amazing. The way you sang, it was... it was like jewels flying through the air.
(Y/n): Interesting metaphor. Uh, I'm glad you liked it! I spent all night practicing that.
Nami: You didn't need to go too far. But I appreciate that you did, Darling. You really remembered our 2 month anniversary.
(Y/n): Of course I did! And I wanted to write that for you. To show you how much I love you.
Nami: Aw, Darling. Well, I got something for you too.
(Y/n): Oh really?

*She shows him a golden tuxedo that's super bright and super expensive! Did she spent it? Or stole it? Doesn't matter.*
Nami: Ta-da! Now you'll look as bright as me when we walk together!
(Y/n): ...
Nami: You don't like it?
(Y/n): ... I... LOVE IT!
*He hugs Nami and kisses her*
(Y/n): Golden like the stars!
Nami: Oh you!
(Y/n): Next island I'll wear it!
Nami: why not wear it now?
(Y/n): I don't wanna ruin it, not with these guys running around.
Nami: True.
(Y/n): Go back to relaxing?
Nami: Sure, Darling.
*They hold hands and go back to what they were doing at the beginning of the story. But this time, even happier. Quite the wholesome ending if I do say so myself.*
Brook: Though I wonder what would've happened if he had sang her my original, true vision, song?
#ReleaseTheBrookCut