Going Shopping

The Strawhats land on a new island. But you wouldn't recognize it as one, as it's mostly compromised of buildings sitting on top of large walls. It looks like a city that was taken out of the mainland and placed onto the island. Every new island has something to explore. And when there's civilization, there's usually shops. And where there are shops, (Y/n) and Nami spend time going over the items.

Nami loves to shop. She knows she's beautiful, she's got the money, she helps herself to get the best and cutest dresses. But not just dresses, jewelry, rings, shoes, and the occasional makeup. Most people assume she does it for (Y/n), and while part of her does want to present her best for (Y/n), she's her own woman who does it for herself aswell. Because she's confident herself and likes her beauty.

That doesn't mean she neglects (Y/n), though. She'll usually get him something, sometimes steal it. She'll make him happy with whatever he finds and wants. On this particular shopping spree, the city island they are on has one of the largest malls ever built. Going for 200 miles long and wide, the mall itself may as well be an island of its own.

(Y/n) and Nami enter the largest mall in the world, and she's almost immediately stunted. Her jaw drops by just how expansive it is. She sees all stores with a variety of products. Like a certain video game, she wants to catch em all.

Nami: Oh, (Y/n) we are in paradise now!
(Y/n): Well, says here in the brochure this is just like 1% of what can be found
Nami: It's like a city! Filled with all you can get buffet.
(Y/n): No, that's Luffy's department.
Nami: With elegance! Come on! I need you to help me pick out the best ones!
(Y/n): Do I have to?
Nami: Of course, my shipmate.
(Y/n): Oh god...

They both check out various shops. Nami browses through the selection of products, analyzing and taking extreme consideration for anything she might find interesting. After many hours, Nami finds a ton of clothes she wants to try out. When this happens, it could take even more hours for her to find a set she likes. She is always trying to find her best style she'd like to wear one day or another. For this, she usually gets the help of (Y/n) and hears his opinions on what she picks. Now, (Y/n) to be blunt is not an expert on women's shopping. Nor is it something he's interested it in. But he goes shopping with Nami and helps her anyway. Why? Because that's what love does to you. You're willing to compromise for the happiness of your partner. You don't have to have everything in common, but be there to support their likes. As long as she's happy, (Y/n) is willing to sit through the boring stuff to help Nami pick out a dress or whatever. Besides, there are some occasional clothing options where he does find it interesting. As Nami comes out of the dressing room. With a prestige red dress.

Nami: What do you think?
(Y/n): You know, that one actually looks great on you. I like the red and it looks beautiful like you want it to!
Nami: Hmmm... yeah, but it's not right. I'll go for this one.
(Y/n): ... okay.

That doesn't mean his opinions are always taken into account. But don't worry, they sometimes are.

Nami: Okay, Emerald Green or Sapphire Blue. I can only pick one
(Y/n): Why not get both?
Nami: Okay!
(Y/n): Uh... alright.

After hours of trying out all the best and pretty dresses and (Y/n)'s repeat of phrases such as "looks good", "I don't know", "you look good in both", "whichever is best", and of course "uuuhh". Nami settles with the ones she wants to get. 246 sets. And (Y/n) carries all of it.

Nami: There ya go! My big, strong boy!
(Y/n): Why is fabric so fucking heavy!?
Nami: You have take into account the hangers. Now off to the counter! Hurry up, baby!
(Y/n): Mother-... Agh!

The best part of shopping with your girlfriend! Arguing with the cashier.

Nami: Okay, so I get half free, in exchange for buying double the ugly sets.
Cashier: That doesn't make any sense! Lady, you have to pay all of it.
Nami: Okay, I'll give you all of these coupon for just the pretty sets and a discount for the ugly sets.
Cashier: Stop trying to get these cheap!
Nami: I'll buy one bag to stuff them all in for just 50 dollars.
Cashier: That's not even possible!
Nami: I'm the customer! And the customer is always right! Now, make a deal where both parties can be satisfied!
Cashier: You just want a deal that satisfies you!
Nami: But a cute girl like me wouldn't be that selfish!
Cashier: You bitch!
Nami: Now that's rude! I'm getting the manager!
Cashier: Sir, can you please control your girlfriend!?
(Y/n): Don't drag me into this, I'm just here for the ride at this point.
Nami: You're so supportive, baby!
*kisses him on the lips*
Nami: I promise I'll get you something you want after this, okay?
(Y/n): Really?
Nami: mm-hm. Now where's your manager!?

Somehow Nami managed to con the store to give her a slight discount.

Nami: I can't believe I only got 10%.
(Y/n): ... Yeah. It's unfair.
Nami: I should've just stolen these.
(Y/n): But you're so cute when you're mad.
Nami: Hm!

She pouts her cheek. (Y/n) finds it adorable.

(Y/n): So about the thing you said before...
Nami: Oh yeah. What do you want to get? I know I've been dragging you here carrying my stuff, but now I wanna do what you want. Let's go where you want to go. You choose.
(Y/n): Aww... well, there is a place I wanna go.
Nami: Whatever you want. Whatever that makes you happy.
(Y/n): Hmmm...

They go to the toy store.

(Y/n): Look at all these toys! Legos! Dinosaurs! Woah! Is that a highly articulated G.I Joe!? And it's well painted and highly detailed!? OH MY GOD! A 19 INCH TALL POSEABLE MECHA!

Yup. (Y/n) is a bit of a geek and a manchild.

Nami: ... that costs like 399 berries!
(Y/n): Can I have it?
Nami: I'm not spending that much for plastic!
(Y/n): Some of it is metal, though.
Nami: Don't nerd on me, young man.
(Y/n): Come on, Nami! You like dresses and I like adult collectibles! You said I can get anything I wanted.
Nami: I did... I did. And I can see you want that... I know you want it. I'll make you happy. But that price...
(Y/n): I mean, hey, babe. I love you. And I'm willing to make sacrifices for you. Can you do the same for me?
Nami: ... you're right. I love you too. I'll get it for you.
(Y/n): Thank you!

But she doesn't pay for it. She steals it. No fucking way on heaven or hell is she paying that much for a toy.

(Y/n): Thank you, Nami! Although I didn't see you pay for it.
Nami: ... *wink*
(Y/n): *gasp* No way!
Nami: it's easy to shoplift. It is better to save that money for important stuff like food.
(Y/n): Yeah, that makes sense.
*He kisses her*
(Y/n): But thanks anyways for stealing it for me! Cat Burglar.
Nami: It's my special skill.

Nami and (Y/n) may have wildly different interests in what they buy. Hell, (Y/n)'s interests can even be seen as geeky, nerdy, and immature. But Nami doesn't care. She knows (Y/n) is a dedicated and responsible man who cares about her and wouldn't do anything to hurt her. And complaining about him having an unconventional interest is just dumb. She herself admires his child-like wonder, which gives him an intriguing and cute personality. Simply put, Nami likes (Y/n) the way he is as much as he loves her for the way she is. Both immature pirates loving immaterial stuff so much they'd steal it. Pirates life for them, drink up me hearties yo-ho!

Wait. Wrong pirate franchise.