MR. WHO IS GONNA SAVE ME

Continued

Continued...

Suddenly, Klaus enters the room with Lucien and a large group of Halloween-costumed women, including the nurse, the cat, and the skeleton bride from earlier. Klaus howls drunkenly like a wolf as Lucien and the women all laugh happily, attracting the attention of everyone in the room to the point where everyone stops what they're doing and stare at the gate-crashers.

"Your brother..." Caroline exhales annoyingly. "Is an absolute idiot."

Gabriel chuckles, glad the conversation has shifted to something more lighthearted. Even if it was his idiot little brother. He rubs both of her shoulders from behind and places his chin on her head. Her nearly being a whole head shorter than him made this position easy. "Relax, my love. You have forever to be annoyed with him.

At this Caroline gives him a genuine smile.

"My God, it's a room full of Elijahs." Lucien slurs and Caroline giggles.

Klaus has his arms thrown around the womens' shoulders and is drunkenly leaning against them. "I had that exact same nightmare once!"

"Me too." Gabriel grumbles ignoring Elijah's side eye.

The group all laughs hysterically as Lucien turns to one of the women, who is dressed in a fuchsia corset and matching bobbed wig and whose identity is concealed by a black mask "Go and grab us a drink, love! Feel free to fetch one for yourself."

"Tristan? Tristan! Come out, come out, wherever you are! Unless, of course, you're afraid!" Klaus shouts.

Tristan heads straight for Klaus and Lucien and gives them a patronizing smile. "You should, uh, move along. You're not welcome here."

Klaus scoffs. "Oh. Oh, okay. We're-we're not welcome here...Or maybe you should move along before I make you cry in front of all your little friends! Hahaha!"

Tristian looks amused. "My concern is for your companions. They appear out of sorts without a shiny pole to writhe upon."

Elijah, having seen enough of this scene, calls out to his brother from afar. "Niklaus."
Klaus stumbles around trying to find the source of the one calling for him. "What is it?"

Elijah rolls his eyes. "Oh, you're hammered. Which should come as very little surprise to anyone here, but it does hamper the festivities somewhat. So, could I recommend that you find the nearest exit? Take your playthings with you, too?"

Klaus shoves his champagne glass into Elijah's hands before staggering farther into the ballroom. "You know, I used to find it insulting that I was barred from your special little club. But now, I realize that I lack the flexibility to become a member-- I could never get my head far enough up my own ass."

Klaus bowls dramatically and laughs, while Tristan and Elijah exchange annoyed glances. Lucien and their companions are delighted by Klaus' behavior. Klaus walks back over to Elijah and takes the glass from his hand before downing the rest of the champagne in one gulp and handing it back to him. Afterward, Klaus makes a disgusted face at Tristan and remarks on the champagne. "Cheap."