Chapter VI: The Louvern Castle Part 2

The carriage moved farther from that festive view and soon they reached the steep road. Her crystal blue eyes shimmered in wonder when she spotted an amusing white architecture above the mountain. She pressed her hands to the glass window and moved her face closer to have a better view. The carriage moved closer to it and it finally stopped in front of the huge building.

No, it wasn't just a building but it was the Louvern Castle. She quickly opened the door and jumped out of the carriage.

"Aish, that's not too modest of you Lady Clarish. You should've waited for me to open it for you," Vincent snorted with his hands on each side of his waist. However, the lady he was talking to wasn't listening to him.

"Woah..." she muttered in great amusement as she filled her eyes to the view in front of her. The castle looked rather old and was painted white but in her eyes, it was the most beautiful architecture she had seen in her entire life. It was the same castle she had always wished she could build if ever she became a licensed civil engineer in her previous life. She couldn't help but feel emotional and shed tears. She would be living in her dream castle, there's nothing more than that she could wish for.

"Is that a cry for help? If you want to I can kidnap you here and take you away from him," Vincent suggested with a worried face. He smiled and reached for her hand. "Let's produce more of that food invention of yours and together, we will build a new economy." He then kissed the back of her hand. "Just say yes and come with me, I'll make you the happiest-"

"What the heck are you saying?!" she screamed and pulled out her hand. She pressed the back of her hand against her dress and looked at him with irritation.

"Dang, I'm just kidding. You don't have to shout like that." He rubbed his ears which felt like being injured because of her sudden rise of voice and let out a chuckle. "You're really something, Lady Clarish. Unfortunately, my job ends here so I cannot keep your company any longer."

"Goodbye then," she nonchalantly said and crossed her arms.

"Let's meet again soon, alright?"

Instead of giving a response, she only watched him go back to his seat and moved the carriage. As soon as the vehicle disappeared into view, she pulled a deep sigh and began to move her feet to the entrance of the castle. There she saw a man at the entrance. He's tall and has a masculine physique, with tanned skin and red hair which was quite noticeable from a distance.

"It was nice meeting you, Seventh," she said with a genuine smile that made him shock. It was not because of her sudden approach but it was how she recognized him even though they hadn't met even once before. With a curious face, he forced himself to bow to the expected guest.

"It's my pleasure to welcome you here, Lady Clarish. You must be exhausted from the long trip. Please allow me to escort you to your room."

The man took her small luggage and walked ahead of her. She followed him as she roamed her eyes inside the castle. The hall at the entrance was wide and empty. There were two semi-spiral stairs on each side and the center must be a path to the dining room or the other chambers. They climbed the stairs at the right side and entered a door that looked like a different dimension then welcomed by a long corridor.

"How about His Highness?" she asked to chase away the strange silence that enveloped them. As what she had expected, there were no maids in the empty hallways and there were none of them who welcomed her at the entrance either.

"His Highness is in his office. He ordered me to tell you not to go see him first thing on your arrival and give you ample rest instead."

"Well, that's a good thing. I don't want to see him either," she replied with a playful grin. Seventh's brow furrowed with her careless speech but the lady didn't show any sign of hesitation. She meant what she had said.