Chapter VII: The Cursed Prince Part 1

That night, the moon was in crescent but it was still as beautiful as ever.

Melissa, the main character of the story, couldn't gather herself to have a good night's sleep thinking about the things she had been through. From being played by Clarish to being a servant of a cursed prince. It was as if everything happened so fast that she couldn't find herself to react.

After battling with her storm of thoughts, she decided to leave her room for a while to take a breather. Just hearing the sound of the crickets and feeling the blow of the wind on a warm night would send joy to her system.

As she walked down the corridor of the Louvern Castle, where she had been kept to avoid being targeted by the villainess again, she froze to her feet after she saw a familiar figure of a man standing in her direction, facing one of the largest windows in the drawing room.

It was no other than, Prince Darius. He was staring outside the window, viewing the midnight sky above. The moonlight illuminated his enchanting face. She couldn't forget how he saved her life from the wicked villainess and the one who took her inside the castle out of pity.

Although he used to be so cold-hearted and rude towards her as time flew by, he gradually changed and became kind to her.

She noticed that he'd been making long and deep sighs. He seemed to have been lost in deep thoughts and she didn't want to disturb the prince. She pursed her lips and turned around, trying to leave him in silence but she stopped when he called her name.

As soon as their eyes met, she knew he had something in his mind that he wanted to speak of. His eyes were full of sparks and confidence as he slowly opened his mouth and let out the words that he'd been wanting to say.

"I think I've fallen for you, Melissa."

Reina couldn't help but pout her lips and show a smug face when that specific event from the book suddenly flashed to her mind like a projector.

"Everyone's falling for the heroine and I can't blame them though. I mean, girl, Melissa is the standard," Reina spoke to herself as if she was talking to someone else but it was only her in a large, empty room.

The confession of Prince Darius to Melissa was quite the highlight in the story and yet...

Instead of Melissa, I'm the one who's here. She groaned in annoyance and stared at the top of the canopy while her left arm rested above her forehead.

"But just because it's me doesn't mean it will also happen to me too, right? I hope that's not gonna happen." She showed a playful expression as if disgusted by what she said. "I'd rather die than be confessed by him. He's the novel's lass boss, after all."

But he hadn't acted cruel to me since the moment I stepped in here, she thought to herself. It's just suspicious. Because as far as she can remember, he's a terror prince in the book.

She couldn't even imagine how Melissa in the original story managed to survive living in this castle for three months. It wasn't written in detail about her daily life in the castle but Reina sure knew it wasn't that easy for the heroine. If anything, she couldn't complain about anything more. Reina must have ended up trailing the same path as the heroine in the story which was to live in this estate with the prince but it was brighter than the sun's rays that Melissa sure had it rougher than her.

In the original story, when Melissa cut off her relationship with Prince Warryn and traveled away from the capital with a broken heart, Clarish sent an assassin to follow her and end her life. Fortunately, Seventh came to her rescue and took her to the Louvern Castle. It was an order from Prince Darius.