Chapter 15

Carrying her in my arms while she slept peacefully is my favorite thing to do. I don't mind even if she stayed asleep like this in my arms, I can carry her in my arms forever.

Dealing with the sheep beastmen won't be easy. They may try to take my mate away from me, which I would not allow to happen.

Even if we did not consummate yet, our actions and affection with each other is enough to show that we are mated. My self in the past might disagree with the me now, he will think that to mate successfully, we must consummate, even if we force the other party, its to have an insurance, that they would not be able to leave us easily. Or bite them to place the mating tattoo forcefully, without caring if we hurt them. I don't want to do any of that to Yaesoon. If I hurt her like that I might just kill myself, I would rather she hurt me, than for her to be harmed because of me.

She accepted me wholely, knowing that I can stain her with my disgusting self. That is why I can't afford to do anything that will put her in danger.

Seeing the boundary of their territory,  I quietly moved to hide our form in the trees, where the crops to produce rice are located. It won't matter if I hide anyway, they can't even sense the danger of my presence, that is why others can easily kill them. I just want to keep my mate out of their sight.

However the female in my arms started fidgeting, she is waking up. When her eyelids move as a sign of her opening eyes, I stilled my form and hold her in my arms more securely. Her adorable nose is scrunched up, while her eyebrows form into a frown like someone disturbed her dream. She finally opened her eyes, blinking drowsily like she's out of it, with her gaze set upon me.

She yawned softly and rubbed her eyes, then she smiled at me.

"C, I felt you stopped moving. Are we finally here?"

Her voice sounds scratchy, still have the evidence of sleep, so I reached around the fur that is tied on my waist containing our things. To help her drink water for soothing her throat.

She accepted the water and sipped it quietly, she whispered thanks to me, afterwards she signals me to put her down. When I put her down on the ground she steadied herself and brush the strands of her hair away from her face.

"Yes we are near their territory, I planned to cross their boundary earlier but you woke up."

"I see that's why I felt you stopped, so if we cross into their territory will it be okay?"

I considered her question and felt that it was fine. They can't do anything to us anyway, they're weak preys.

She looks into my eyes intently like she saw what I was thinking and squints at me. She tiptoed to reach my shoulders and holds me between her hands.

"Curtis listen, I know that you can force them, because they are weaker than you. But, please as long as they are willing to listen to reason. Don't use violence against them okay?"

I promised to always listen to her, so I nodded my head. But if those pests try anything to my Yaesoon, I'll be forced to disobey her words and I won't regret it. Seeing that I understand her, she offered me her hand and I intertwined our hands to walk together.

The sight of our forms alerted the beastmen working with the crops. One of them quickly run back to their village, probably to inform the leader about our presence. I felt Yaesoon's hand tightened slightly against my hand so I squeeze it back to reassure her.

After a while, a slightly frail form emerged in the clearing, though he is trembling to his knees, he holds authority around others. He is an old sheep Beastman with two marks in him. Impressive considering they're prey to most stronger beastmen out there.