Chapter 17

In the next few days we became busy with collecting muds from the riverside and making it into clay. Its frustrating that I can only do simple design. But as long as it can be used it's enough for now.

After exploring more of the forest with Curtis I saw some carrots and a plant that looks like a pink corn. Though C is not an expert like the healers, he lived in this world for two decades so he can tell me some things, he discovered unusual plants like this from his travels.

It is a plant that females from the peacock clan uses to make their hair glossy and fragrant. I immediately take it with me so I can finally clean my hair.

Two days before my period came, I asked Curtis out for our official date. He seems happy with teaching me how to swim because he loves water. With him beside me, I didn't get scared in the possibility of drowning, even in the shallow parts of the river like I did when I was a kid. I'm glad he's patient in teaching me how to swim or float in the water. He also cleaned my hair for me which I found really sweet so I insisted that I do his hair too. It doesn't need my help though, because it's more beautiful than mine.

Then we grilled fishes we captured after that. I marinated mine with spice and as usual, I did his share separately. Then he broke the serene atmosphere with his words.

"Yaesoon I can feel your estrous coming. I will apologize now since I don't think I could control myself when I smell your scent."

Right, estrous is like an aphrodisiac here to the males. I'm kinda jealous that the females here only have their estrous for once a year but I can't do anything about it. Period helps me clean my body.

"Well...if you really can't handle my scent when the time comes then, I'll just cover it with other scents like a perfume. Do you think that could work?"

"I don't know about this perfume of yours though, I assume it is something you use for covering your scent. It won't work for me...I have a hard time whenever I sense a female having estrous back then. That's why I travel and seclude myself. Especially if it's you Yaesoon, now that you permitted me to mate with you. That is the only thing I will think about."

Oh shit! I didn't think about that. I don't want Curtis to feel bad after the effect of my scent worn out like he forced me. I don't want to say the R word because I won't let it happen. I trust him but he already said it himself, he can't rely on his control.

My cramps are exhausting to deal with and I don't want to move around when I have it. Stopping Curtis can be easy with my strength, but doing it while I'm having painful stabbing sensations in the front and back of my body is not it.

It's not like I can make him leave our den that would be dangerous for the both of us. And I don't want to have period sex yuck!

"Ummmm...C if you want...you can touch me...BUT! We wouldn't actually do it okay? It's the only thing I could think of...I don't want you to suffer."

I think I can handle foreplay, though I never done it before. It's embarrasing to do, but if it's with Curtis I don't mind besides, I'm not ready to get pregnant yet. I'm pretty sure that they don't have contraceptives here when their world mission here is to propagate.

His face have a blank expression but I can see turmoil in his eyes. Both of his fist are clenched tightly and almost shaking like he's having a hard time controlling himself.

I held his shaking body and hugged it tightly against me. After a while he stopped shaking and exhaled deeply like he just held his breath the entire time. He reciprocated the hug lightly like he's afraid of touching me.

We stayed like that till I felt him calm down. He lifted his face to look at me with his expression flustered.

"Now that you calmed down let's tidy our things and get out of here. I'm feeling cold and it's starting to get dark so let's go home."

"I apologize my mate I didn't even notice your temperature dropping, while I'm here leaning to you like an idiot. Hold to me tightly, I'll transform into my beast form to get us out of here quickly."

I did what he asked and after a moment we are home. He immediately work on kindling the fire. Prepared new furs for me to change into, handed me warm water, helped me dry my still damp hair. He's getting better at taking care of me.

I found myself seated in his lap facing him, while I'm stroking his scales feeling its cold smoothness against my hand. His scale's color is so beautiful to look at. It's like red shining with silver. He is silently observing what I'm doing until I stopped stroking and buried my face in his neck. I'm getting sleepy, I can smell his clean scent, feel the softness of his skin and hear his steady heartbeat in his chest.

He stroked my hair softly while holding me in his embrace.

"Yaesoon thank you for choosing me to be with you. For trusting me to know your story, and for accepting me when no one ever did, and for seeing past my feral status. I love you."

"I love you too...thank you for coming into my life Curtis."

I sleepily murmured the words I felt towards him. I feel him smile even without seeing his face then I felt him kissing my forehead.

"Sleep well my mate."

I can't fight my eyes closing on their own. I fell into a dreamless sleep that night, I didn't have a nightmare about my family.

I woke up to the feeling of stickiness between my legs. Aunt red! She's finally here.

However, I didn't see Curtis not even his shadow.

Oh Crap! Did he just left me?

Grimacing by the uncomfortable feeling of my period I stand up from the furs and walks outside the den.

I can't sense him.

Scratching my head I turned around to get some makeshift pads and new furs to change into.

After that I walked into the clear river to clean myself but I saw the huge form of Curtis beast floating in the water.

He sensed my presence and lifted his huge snake head up. His pupils dilated turning dangerous the more he looks at me like he's starving for prey.

I step back slightly and hold my ground. Fist clenched tightly by my side.

"C, you know I could punch you for the second time if you want"

The red snake just flicked his tongue to my words. He won't listen to me huh.

"Okay! Your funeral then. I love your snakey ass, but I hate it when someone don't listen to me while I'm having period."

We approached each other.

Then he lunged towards me but I quickly sidestepped and grabbed his long neck. He started trashing roughly but I held into him tight. I'm hoping this will knock him unconscious.

Snake style! choke sleeper. For fuck sake! Why can't I be serious for a moment.

After a few seconds his movement slowed and his beast form shines. He transformed back into a man.

I'm holding Curtis around the neck while I'm behind his back still not releasing my hold. I don't want to do this but I didn't expect he will lose control over himself completely. He didn't even recognize me.

I checked to see his pale complexion, passed out and breathing slowly. I released my hold and breathed deeply before exhaling. I feel guilty, I almost killed him, but I pushed it aside and lifted his unconscious body, to place him against the tree where I can see him. I cleaned my bloody self in the river while checking his body from time to time.

This is seriously messed up, I know he will hate himself for losing control.

I can only be there for him when he wakes up.