ix ━━━ dragons

────────────────────────
☄. *. ⋆┊ chapter nine

 ⋆┊ chapter nine

────────

In the scorching desert sun, Daenerys led her small band of loyal Dothraki, including Ser Jorah. Their journey had been long and arduous, with little food and water to sustain them. Everyone looked weary and worn, their clothes tattered, and faces covered in dust.

As they trudged onward, only four horses remained, two of which belonged to Daenerys and Rhaego, while one was carrying the handmade cages with the two dragons stumbled along, its pace slow and tired.

Daenerys carried Rhaenys in her arms, her reddish dragon perched on her shoulder, trying to feed it.

Rhaenys looked up at her mother and said, "I'm thirsty."

Daenerys gave her a weary smile, "I know, my sweet. Do not worry, we'll find food and water soon"

She then turned her attention to Rhaego, who was walking beside her, carrying his father's arakh. "How are you holding up, Rhaego?" she asked, checking on her son.

Rhaego, trying to be strong, replied, "I'm alright, Mother."

Daenerys smiled at him and ruffled his silver curly hair.

Daenerys continued to try feeding the small dragon with small pieces of raw meat, but the dragon made sounds of displeasure and refused to eat.

She sighed in frustration.

Rhaenys, still being carried by her mother, asked, "Why won't it eat, Mama?"

Daenerys replied, "I don't know, my love. It's strange."

Rhaego chimed in, saying, "Maybe dragons don't eat meat."

Daenerys looked at her son and said, "They do eat meat, Rhaego. It's just... I don't understand why it won't eat."

With a disappointed sigh, she gently placed the dragon back in the cage that one of the horses was carrying.

Rhaenys, wrapping her arms around her mother's neck, asked, "What are their names, Mama?"

Daenerys smiled softly and said, "Well... I'm thinking of Drogon after your father and Viserion and Rhaegal after your uncles-my elder brothers."

Rhaenys smiled softly, "Viserion's a pretty name"

Rhaego chuckled, "It's a he, Rhaenys. Right, mother?"

Daenerys smiled and put her arms around Rhaego's shoulder, "I suppose so, Rhaego"

Then suddenly, Daenerys' white horse fell, exhausted and unable to continue, Daenerys rushed to her horse. She gently placed Rhaenys on the desert ground and knelt beside the horse, her hands gently stroking the animal.

Rhaego and Rhaenys exchanged worried glances, understanding the significance of the white horse as the first gift their father had given to their mother.

༻✧༺

The Khalassar camped in the middle of nowhere after Daenerys sent three of her warrior to seek a place.

Daenerys leaned against a makeshift resting place, with Rhaego's head in her lap, while Rhaenys nestled close, her head against her mother's chest, using whatever materials they had to make a somewhat comfortable resting place among the massive stones and sand.

Rhaenys, unable to sleep, sat up and reached for the costrel with water, taking a few sips.

Rhaego cautioned her, "Don't drink it all, or we won't have any for later... or for days."

Rhaenys stopped drinking and sighed, responding, "Sorry..."

The twins then heard approaching horse steps in the distance and saw a black horse running toward their camp.

"Khaleesi..." Ser Jorah said before standing up and making his way to the horse.

Daenerys would blink, sitting up after hearing the commotion.

As Ser Jorah and Daenerys approached the horse with no rider, the twins watched from a distance, their expressions filled with worry.

Rhaego turned to his sister and asked in a hushed voice, "What do you think happened? Why is there a riderless horse?"

Rhaenys, equally worried, replied, "I don't know, Rhaego. But something doesn't seem right."

Their curiosity grew as they saw Irri'a, one of their Dothraki companions, approach the horse.

When she wailed in grief, both twins became even more anxious, wondering what had occurred. They watched from afar, waiting for an explanation.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺