xv ━━━ jon snow

────────────────────────
☄. *. ⋆┊ chapter fifteen

 ⋆┊ chapter fifteen

As Daenerys and her children settled into their new home on Dragonstone, life took on a different rhythm.

With the move to Westeros, Daenerys prioritized the safety of her children, ensuring they had guards wherever they went. The security measures might have felt confining to the young Targaryens, but their mother was resolute in protecting them.

In the absence of maesters and septas who had traditionally served noble houses, Daenerys appointed a governess to impart the knowledge she believed her children should possess as members of royal blood. The governess, well-versed in etiquette, history, and politics, guided the twins through lessons that went beyond what Daenerys had experienced during her own upbringing.

In one of the grand chambers of Dragonstone, the twins, Rhaego and Rhaenys, sat at a large wooden table with their governess, Lady Selene, who was diligently attempting to teach them their lessons.

"Now, Prince Rhaego," Lady Selene said with a patient smile, "Let us focus on the history of Westeros. Can you tell me about the Battle of the Trident?"

Rhaego, however, seemed more interested in the view outside the window, where he could see the dragons soaring in the distance. He fidgeted in his seat, clearly struggling to pay attention.

"Hmm, I think it was... something about a river and a battle," Rhaego mumbled, his eyes drifting away.

Lady Selene sighed softly, trying to redirect his attention. "Yes, the Battle of the Trident was a pivotal moment during Robert's Rebellion," she said, "It took place near a river called the Trident,"

"Princess Rhaenys, perhaps you can enlighten your brother about the significance of this battle." Lady Selene added.

Rhaenys looked over at Rhaego for a moment, "Well, the Battle of the Trident decided the fate of our family-Prince Rhaegar-Mother's brother fought valiantly but was defeated by Robert Baratheon. It marked the end of the Targaryen rule."

Lady Selene nodded in approval, "Well done, Princess Rhaenys," she said, turning her attention back to Rhaego, "Now, Prince Rhaego. Pay attention now, please."

As Lady Selene stood up to get another book, Rhaenys turned to her brother.

"Honestly Rhaego how can you not know that? Prince Rhaegar is literally our uncle-you were named after him and Uncle Viserys told that story to us many times when we were kids," Rhaenys blabbered on and on.

Rhaego just rolled his eyes and the twins exchanged glances once again, Rhaego looking somewhat disgruntled, and Rhaenys maintaining her composed demeanor.

༻✧༺

The twins, done with their studies, strolled through the echoing halls of Dragonstone, Rhaego glanced at his sister with a puzzled expression. "Rhaenys, have you ever wondered why all Targaryens have those 'ae' names?"