When I see you again...

'I could have the best family in the whole world.
I could have the best husband in the world. My daughter could have the best Dad in the world. But we don't. I don't. My daughter doesn't.
Because he died. He died in the war between humans and dragons. He's been killed by a Night Fury. Since that day, I've been hating dragons even more.
He died saving me.'

~eight years ago~

Astrid Haddock, the chieftess of Berk, was on the way to Berk's healer, Gothi.
Astrid's husband, Hiccup, fought against the dragons. Usually, she helped him. But this time, Hiccup forbid her to fight against the dragons because he noticed her sickness.
"Gothi! I have to find out what's wrong with me!" She cried out. The old lady nodded, understanding. Gothi took a close look and she knew what was wrong.

'Young lady, you need to go home and rest. You are with child.'

Astrid began to breathe heavily. She thought that she wasn't able to carry children anymore. She still has a scar on her belly.
When she was eighteen, her enemy, Viggo Grimborn, wanted to see Hiccup in pain. Mental pain. So he took a knife and cut it deep into her belly. On this day, Astrid almost died. But she made it. And many healers told her that she could never get pregnant.

But there she was, carrying her husband's child. Astrid just nodded. She was happy, but also worried.

How would he react?
Is he going to leave her and their baby?
What would happen if he didn't want the child?

Astrid went her home. But on the way home, she got attacked by a Night Fury. It was about to shoot.
"Astrid!" Hiccup yelled in worry. He ran to her. The Night Fury shoot, but not at Astrid. The dragon got Hiccup.
"Hiccup!" Astrid cried out. She didn't even have a chance to see her husband's dead body because the dragon took it. The dragon flew away with the body. The whole village was sad about the death of the chief.

Astrid cried the whole night. She couldn't believe that he was gone. Forever.

~present day~

"Pauline? What are you doing here?" Astrid asked her seven year old daughter.
"Mom, you promised me that you're going to teach me more about throwing axes." Pauline looked at her Mom.
"You forgot about it again, didn't you?"
"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. But I have too much work to do. How about you go training now and I'll show you later some techniques?" Pauline just nodded. She was annoyed that her Mom never had time for her. Stormfly, Astrid's dragon, went after Pauline.

~two years ago~

'We made peace with the dragons. At first was the whole village against it. But soon, almost everyone had a dragon. I have a beautiful blue-yellow nadder. Her name is Stormfly. And I promised Pauline that she's also going to have a dragon when she's older.'

~present day~

Pauline and Stormfly went to the forest. They trained. Suddenly, Pauline heard something. She turned around. She saw a person with a mask. The person was missing the left leg. She was about to run away, but the person stopped her.
"Can you tell me your name?" Pauline saw skeptically to the man.
"Why should I tell you?" The man took off his mask.
"Because you look familiar to me." She raised her eyes.
"Who do I remind on?"
"My wife." He said. Pauline's eyes widened even more.
"I'm Hiccup." He said.
"I'm Pauline. Pauline Haddock."
"This is impossible..." Hiccup whispered.

Could it be? Is this little girl his daughter? But Astrid wasn't pregnant or...?

"Who's your mom?" He asked her.
"Astrid Haddock." Hiccup was about to cry. He had a daughter a few years ago and he didn't know. Because he was weak. Hiccup was afraid of the reaction of the village. He was riding a dragon.

"Are you okay?" Pauline asked Hiccup. He nodded.
"Your mom is the chieftess here. And you must be seven years old?" She nodded.
"How did you...?"
"Pauline, Astrid is my wife. And..."
"...I'm your daughter?" Hiccup nodded. He was about to say something, but Pauline just hugged him.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should come back years ago."
"But you're here now."

"Mom?" Pauline shouted into the Great Hall. Hiccup was behind her. It was evening.
"I'm here, sweetie." Astrid shouted back. She was doing some paperwork.
"Mom, I have to show you something. Do you have time?" Pauline heard her mom sigh.
"Mom?" She walked over to her and hugged her shoulders from behind. And then she saw what her mother was looking at. It was a drawing of her and Hiccup.
"Yes, sweetheart. I do have time. What did you want to show me?" And then she noticed him. Immediately, she stood up.
"I'm so sorry, Astrid. I shouldn't leave you. I-" But Astrid interrupted him by hugging him tight. He hugged her back. Astrid cried into his chest.
"I thought I lost you! I thought you were dead! I thought I would never see you again!" Hiccup cried too. It hurt him to see his wife like this.

~later that night~

Hiccup and Astrid were lying in their bed. They were talking about everything that happened in the last years. But somehow, it turned into a big make out. It was an active night.

~a few weeks later~

Astrid was having breakfast with her family. Pauline was very happy that Hiccup stayed with them.

"Guys, I need to tell you something." Astrid began. She made sure everyone was listening.
"I'm pregnant!" She said happily. Hiccup stood up and hugged his wife.
"Honey, that's amazing!"
Pauline also hugged her Mom.

A few months later, Hiccup got a second daughter. They named her Sanja. Pauline loved Sanja with all her heart and promised to be a good sister.