Flodden

1513, At the Gardens 

No one POV 

Sir Henry and Bridget were sitting down and she grabbed a flower and Sir Henry said "A long battle, it will be, in France." 

Bridget said"Maybe, depends on the outcome, isn't it interesting, Catherine will be Regent of England." 

Sir Henry said "Yes, I mean she will be very good" and Bridget said "I've heard what others think, and I'm not exactly impressed. I never understood that, I knew it was part of it, but I never understood it, if your a boy, your born with an inhertitance, if your a girl, it's passed over to the next boy. The only way for a Princess to be a Queen is to marry some other Prince, or a King." 

Sir Henry said "Your sister is going to marry Charles, they're close in age" and Bridget nodded and said "Yes, I've been thinking about it, My grandmother always told me that we must do our duty, to be strong in that way, that you can create power in such ways. Said that you could guide those that have power, and one day , the children you have will rule. My father always said he never wanted me to grow up." 

Sir Henry looked at her and said "You haven't grown up yet" and Bridget smiled and said "Well, I'm 11 and I haven't been bethroved yet, so that's good news." 

Sir Henry said "You don't want to be married" and Bridget said "Catherine and Henry are married, and in love, and so were my parents, from what I hear, Mary tells me all the stories. But that doesn't mean that in every arranged marriage, you'll find love, Catherine and Henry fought for each other, wanted to be with another one. But Marriage isn't about Love, it's about raising status, bringing countries together for me. So I know that I'll have to marry someone depends on which country we need to bring together with. Not someone I." 

Sir Henry said "Love or want" and Bridget looked at him and Sir Henry said "I understand I'm not royal, but I do come from a noble family, I'll have to marry someone for an alliance, for someone of high favor, or for land or something like that, so I do understand it."

Bridget said "Seem we're both in those paths" and Sir Henry smiled and said "Imagine a world where we could have a choice." 

Bridget said "That'd be a nice world." 

Sir Henry said "We have a few years before we marry anyone" and Bridget said "That is the bright side, but those years will pass, If I could choose, I have some idea of who I'd marry." 

Sir Henry said "So do I." 

They smiled at each other. 

Bridget said "Sometimes I wish I wasn't a Princess, I wish that there was less expected of me, but I suppose no matter who you are, something is expected of you, especially marriage." 

At the Tower Of London 

Bridget was watching Edmund De La Pole execution and she looked back at Henry and  walked up to him.

They walked away and Henry said "Bridget, I'm glad you came, I'll be going to France soon enough." 

Bridget said "I wish you well, May you defeat the French" and Henry smiled and said "Wolsey has been telling me and you Ser Henry Seymour have been spending a lot of time together."

Bridget said "Cardinal Wolsey's been telling you that or our sister, or the Queen? I don't keep it a secret that I have friends." 

Henry said "I know that, but Cardinal Wolsey is worried about it" and Bridget said "Oh, is he? Why?". 

Henry said "That you two are too close, and he overheard a conversation about a marriage that he thought to tell me." 

Bridget looked up and said "He overheard or did one of his spies tell him, yes, I was speaking to Sir Henry about marriage, we both were, we know the time will come someday, and we were just speaking about how we are nervous about it, That is no crime. Many people do the same with their friends, speak of what they are nervous about. You did the same with Charlie Brandon."