Chapter 86-90

Chapter 86 The Money

Thinking again about the conditions and atmosphere at Derek’s home.

Valerie suddenly felt nothing, and even thought it was quite ordinary.

She trusted Derek’s words.

After thinking for a few seconds, Valerie weakly nodded.

“Can I, but will it be too much trouble for you?” Derek shook his head.

“No worries, I’m willing to help you. Come to my room, I’ll handle it.”

Before Valerie could even react, Derek approached and gently took her hand, leading her to his room.

Meredith, who was working in the living room, once again watched as her son took the initiative to hold the hand of a little girl and lead her to his room.

Her shocked heart suddenly became calm.

It seems that compared to worrying about whether their son would adapt or not.

It would be more appropriate to worry about when this little girl fell into her son’s trap.

Meredith said she didn’t care, but it was a lie.

She tilted her neck and watched as Derek’s room door closed.

My body stood up unconsciously, wanting to walk over and listen to what they were talking about

But this door had good soundproofing, so we couldn’t hear anything.

Derek’s room was clean and tidy, decorated in a minimalist style.

On his computer desk, three curved screens directly made Valerie’s final unease disappear without a trace.

Cool.

“Val, do you know your ID number?”

“I knew…”

Valerie simply told Derek her ID number, without omitting a single digit.

Derek’s pupils suddenly contracted, and the fingers typing on the keyboard slowed down slightly.

He didn’t speak, he just operated silently.

In the room, only the sound of his typing could be heard. Valerie just stood by,  watching him as he logged into her account, not knowing where he was logging in from. **

Suddenly, all the funds in the account were transferred to his side.

Then Valerie’s previous account was permanently deactivated.

After finishing these tasks, he opened his drawer.

There were many mobile phones inside, and he picked and chose.

Finally, a brand–new phone was chosen for Valerie.

“Take this first and use it. The card number inside is mine, and you can use it from now on. You don’t need to worry about the phone bill or anything, just use  it.”

“I will use this number to open another account for you later. From now on, it will be yours.”

Valerie took the phone from Derek’s hand.

She couldn’t speak for a moment.

I just watched Derek like that.

“What happened?”

Seeing Valerie looking at herself without saying a word, Derek turned his head to her with confusion.

“Nothing, I just felt a bit strange.”