01.04: goodnight kiss

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Cherrys face lit up when the clock turned 12:00am. It was officially September 9th, 1987. Cherrys 13th birthday. She smiled widely and jumped around her room before being interrupted by Jesse and Joey barging in while singing.

"13 candles! Oh woah oh oh!"

"Happy birthday Cherry!!" Her whole family yelled as they came into her room. She was shocked to see that Stephanie had stayed up so late. She smiled at them all as they left, everyone but Jesse and DJ.

"Yes can I help you?" Cherry asked them with a grin.

"Whats it like being 13? I have to wait three more years till my 13th birthday." DJ asked her excitedly.

"I'm technically not 13 until 7:43am. So I do not know what it is like. And trust me Deej, three years are going to blow by. You'll be thirteen before you know it." Cherry told her energetic younger sister.

"I remember being 13.." Jesse said with a grin. DJ and Cherry looked at him waiting for him to start some stories. "Trust me kid, you're life is going to change hard core today." He nodded to Cherry.

"Okay I've got school later and so do you DJ. So bye-bye, night-night. I love you both goodnight." Cherry pushed them out of the room.

Her phone rang quickly and before she could pick up, Jesse did.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERRYBOMB! YOURE THIRTEEN MY GORGEOUS GIRL!" Shawn sang-yelled into the phone loudly, Jesse had put the phone away from his ear so the whole room could hear Shawn and both Jesse and DJ grinned widely at Shawn's clear display of affection for Cherry.

"Thank you Shawnie, I'll see you later now go to bed." She quickly said and she hung up the phone. DJ and Jesse started laughing at the name Shawn had called her.

The two left after teasing her and Cherry went back to bed. When her alarm went off once again. She shot out of bed and quickly changed into her school day outfit. (Note: her school outfit isn't the one in the picture, the one in the picture is her birthday party outfit) Skipping out of her room and down to the kitchen, she was greeted by a huge pancake with lots of whipped cream by her spot at the breakfast table, that Stephanie was eyeing down.

"Happy birthday Cherry!" Steph and Dj both sang as Cherry sat down. The pancake was amazing and it was made special for Cherry by Joey.

After she finished her breakfast she ran onto the bus and sat beside Rachel.

"AHH! Happy 13th Cherry Blossom!" Rachel giggled loudly and shook Cherrys shoulders.

Shawn walked to his seat, which was surprisingly not filled with Heathers obnoxious laughter and obsession with Shawn and his hair. He sat down and grinned at Cherry. "Hey birthday girl. How you doing? Happy birthday Lottie. Your party's gonna be lit tonight." He nodded and pulled out a small box from his bag trying to give it to Cherry.

"Presents are for later tonight! But thank you. I'm not opening it now though." She pushed the box back into his bag and the bus drove along to the school. The school day was boring but at lunch the cafeteria sang to Cherry.

Half way through the day, at lunch, Cherry saw Heather, across the cafeteria, staring daggers at Shawn's head. "So Shawn, why isn't Heather sitting with us and more importantly, why does she look like she's going to stab you?" She asked while glancing at Heather, who was scowling.

"I broke up with her. She's not taking it so well. And don't ask why, I don't want to talk about it." He nodded and winked quickly and Rachel, who knew exactly why he dumped Rachel. Rachel shook her head and scoffed at him.