10 years

Chloé's pov:

10 years... it has been 10 years since I left Paris.. my home town. Thinking about the past makes me nauseous, and it reminds me of the things I lost... and the people who left me because of my deeds... but in these years I have matured a lot. And.. I am also a person who has experienced the dark side of the world. Many things have happened since I left. Hawkmoth was captured who was originally Adrian's father. Ladybug and Chat nori revealing their identities in public. The news of their engagement. Gabrial Agrest was sent to prison for 5 years only. Felix and kagami were a couple and many more. Now even Hawkmoth was released from prison, and he is with his family. Also, most importantly.... tomorrow is Adrian's and Marinettes' wedding.

After I left Paris with my mother to New York, she arranged my schedule in such a way that I only get to sleep 4 hours a day, which led me to have dark circles. Did that matter to her? Of course not. Instead, she always mocked me about it. School life was worse. It doesn't matter if you are the mayor's or the fashion queen's daughter. And yes, I was a victim of bullying... I suffered a worse testament, which is nothing compared to the one I did in the middle school. And... it wasn't for one day... I suffered every single day . Teachers don't care, obviously, even if you kill someone.

I had to cut my hair short because someone put their chewing gum on my hair. I begged my mother to put me in a karate class, and surprisingly, she agreed. After 6 months, no one dared to touch me. My karate teacher said I was a prodigy. But it wasn't enough for Mother. My attitude and personality also changed drastically.. even I was surprised.. The child inside me was completely destroyed, and the shine in my eyes was diminished . The childish, spoiled, and annoying Chloe bourgeois is gone.. now it's just cold walking corpe. Forget about applying any makeup when you were fighting for survival.

After graduation, I worked in my mother's office. Even there, no one liked me. Her assistant also hates me but shows a fake smile in front of me. I was given a separate room for my paperwork . But in the free time I designed various kinds of dresses and jewelries. They were very beautiful.

There were about 100s of them, but I kept this as a secret from mom. I want to surprise her. I... even ones in my life.. I wanted to be praised by her. Yeah , I am 25 years old now, and this was the only thing that helped me to carry on with my life after everyone abandoned me.

Today is the day I was going to reveal my secret to mom. I hope she praises me and anounce in public that I am exceptional too.And.... I also hope to get everything back..

Suddenly, the door burst open to my room and revealing my mother.

Audrey:" Get ready, Charles, i mean Chloe. Today, you go to my office instead of me."

Chloe :" And where will you be going to?"

Audrey:" Oh me ? I am going to Paris."

Chloe:" Paris?? Were you... invited by them?"

Audrey:" Of course i was invited! Who will not invite this exceptional talented style queen?"

I lowered my head and asked

Chloe:" Did.. did they say anything about me?"* in a low and sad voice*

Audrey:" You? Who would want a disgrace like you in a happy event? "

It hurts... it hurts so much..

Chloe:" ... When will you come back?"

Audrey:" Tomorrow after the wedding is over. Now get ready and go."

Chloe:" Yes, mother. "

She left the room, and I was once again left alone in my cold and dark room. No one. In these 10 years, no one has asked about me. Not even my father. Why I don't understand.... was I that bad? Does love cost so much?