Ch 3

His class schedule had been distributed yesterday, now he was checking his schedule again in his room. His husband was lying in bed, reading a novel, while he sat on the sofa not far from the bed with a laptop in his lap, reviewing every lecturer in charge of his courses. On the last day of orientation, he was told that he was in class A, in the same class as the guy he met—Caleb Dayton. Caleb has interacted with people in their class and agreed to create a group to be easier to reach if there is something urgent or just a notification.

So he was forced to give his number to Caleb, there had been several people who had sent him messages privately to get to know each other and most of them he just replied casually and just left them on read. Didn't even bother to save their number.

"Enn, how long are you going to focus on your laptop?"

Who knows how long Michael had been in front of him, the man frowned. He just flashed a faint smile and put his laptop aside before pulling Michael to sit on his lap. "Are you feeling lonely, hm?"

"Of course!" Michael replied irritably, he immediately put both hands around the red-haired man's neck. "You keep messing around with lectures, class registration, subjects, blah blah blah." Michael knitted his eyebrows together in annoyance, before he snorted and looked away. "Also, your phone has been ringing, who sent you a message? Who is Kayana?"

Ennard shrugged his shoulders. "Someone from my class, perhaps. I didn't check all the messages they sent." He routed the cord to get the phone that was on their table, then gave it to Michael. "Just check, reply if necessary. I need to check your father's blueprints and tighten his springlock so it doesn't kill him again."

The eldest Afton accidentally let out a chuckle before he cleared his throat and opened his husband's phone. "I'm surprised, even though the springlock is rusty and has melted because it was burned three times, it can still be active."

"Eternity curse from Cassidy."

This time Michael couldn't hold back his laughter.

"As annoying as he is, it's still not funny if his spring suddenly activates in public," Ennard said again, he leaned his back against the head of the sofa while Michael leaned against him, using his chest as a pillow for his head. His fingers moved through Michael's brown mane of hair, while he was opening his phone, he also stared at the screen.

Michael opened one by one the chat rooms that had unread messages and sometimes mumbled softly. "Mmm, everyone is asking you to get to know each other, I'm jealous," Michael said while puffing out his cheeks. "But why did you just say yes to them? You didn't even say 'nice to meet you too', that's mean."

"Didn't you just say you were jealous?" Ennard sweatdropped, before he shrugged his shoulders and his hands rubbed Michael's back now. "It's not that important, besides they already know my name because we met in the group. Why get acquainted once again in a private chat room? So annoying."

"That's really rude of you," Michael replied with a chuckle, he turned off the gadget and put it next to the laptop. He straightened his body and glared at Ennard deeply and seriously. "I love you so much."

Ennard flashed a faint smile. "I love you so much, too."

Hearing that, Michael grinned suddenly. He kissed Ennard's cheek briefly before getting off his husband's lap and heading to their desk. "Tomorrow is your first day, right? What do you need for tomorrow? I will prepare it."

The man also stood up and approached Michael, then put his arms around Michael's stomach and hugged him from behind. "Hmm, you," he whispered teasingly.

"Come on." Michael chuckled in amusement, he turned his head to kiss Ennard again.

"Ewh, are you guys done making out?"