Ch 14

His two-colored eyes focused on the street which wasn't busy but not empty either, there were still several cars accompanying them on this street. He glanced at the passenger seat on the side, watching his husband playing with his phone in silence, then he moved his hand and placed it on his thigh and shook it gently. "Don't play on your phone in the dark like this," he said, Michael frowned in annoyance. "Or do you want me to turn on the car cabin lights, hm? Turn it off."

"Nagger." Michael stuck his tongue at him but still did as he said. "Besides, it's already near to the restaurant! It should be no problem."

Ennard rolled his eyes boredly. "Do you always leave at this time? You're so tight with your working hours," he asked confusedly, checking the time for a moment before focusing on the road again, the lights on the side were bright but not enough to illuminate the inside of their car. "You always leave when I'm sleeping anyway, why is that?"

The eldest Afton laughed. "Of course I have to give my husband a goodnight kiss first," he teased as he pulled Ennard's cheeks which were getting redder and redder, he pushed his hand away when Ennard seemed like he was going to bite him. "You're so cute."

"Says you."

"I am cute and brave and perfect."

"Dogs."

Michael frowned suddenly. "That is an exception!" He punched Ennard's arm in exasperation, while Ennard now let out a soft chuckle.

"Sure, chubby." Ennard moved the cable to pat the top of Michael's head like he was teasing a child. Michael put the cable aside in irritation but soon took it back to play with him, he let Michael fiddle with the wire. "By the way, Michael," he said later, they had been close to William's restaurants. "You just go to the second location first, I'll drop you off there."

Michael tilted his head in confusion. "Then what about you?" he asked uncomprehendingly, finally releasing his husband's wire from his hands.

"I'm going to CBPW for a bit to check on them, I haven't been there in a while." Ennard turned the wheel into the parking area at the second restaurant and finally parked the car, fortunately CBPW wasn't far away so he could walk. "Who knows, Funtime Freddy breaks the cupboard again, or Funtime Foxy destroys all the lights so he can scare everyone on duty." Ennard opened the car door next to him, he also opened the door for Michael using his cable.

"Fair enough," Michael replied as he got out of the car, he stared at the restaurant in front of him—he was a little surprised when Ennard threw him the car keys. Michael stared at the red-haired man intensely. "But you won't be long, right?"

A faint smile appeared on Ennard's face, he shook his head before kissing his forehead softly, patting his shoulder briefly before pushing him away towards the restaurant while he walked in the opposite direction. Michael's cheeks had a light blush, he held Ennard's kiss mark for a moment while watching Ennard go to a different place, looking at his back carefully. The blush on his cheeks thickened and Michael patted his side face lightly to bring himself back to reality; not lost in daydreams about his husband.

He could never stop falling in love with him.

He immediately jogged to the second location of the restaurant, his grin didn't fade at all even when he went inside and headed for his office. His broad smile didn't disappear when he sat down in the nightguard's office chair. He put his bag on the table and then cheerfully checked each camera briefly to first check the conditions in the entire restaurant. Once again there was nothing suspicious, so he closed the camera and took out his sketchbook.

"You're a little late today."

Before he had time to scribble a line on the paper, a familiar voice greeted him. Michael looked up and found Jeremy in front of him smiling. "I needed take care of a few things first," Michael answered casually.