Ch 4

He opened the front door slowly and closed it carefully, as if he didn't want to make any sound at all. Then he took off his shoes, put them neatly on the shoe rack as he took off his coat to hang it on a clothes hanger not too far away. He stepped inside silently, his main goal was the kitchen to get a glass of water, his throat felt dry after a day on campus.

There was no one on kitchen, it was very quiet at the moment, he didn't think too much about it and took a glass. After finishing moistening his throat, he then wondered where the man was. He should have been home from work at this time.

Black wing appeared on his back, flapping briefly as a form of stretching, feeling the soreness that had been hiding them for hours. "Dan?" he called after that, walking towards the bathroom. There was no one in the bathroom, and the floor tiles were dry—a sign that no one had been there for a long time. Maybe he was in the bedroom, so he immediately headed to the bedroom quickly. The door wasn't closed completely, he opened it quickly. "Daniel?"

And there he was, sitting stretched out on the bed with his back leaning against the headboard, reading a book while listening to music through earphones.

"Oh? Mark." Daniel noticed his arrival and took off his earphones while smiling faintly at him. "I didn't hear you coming," he said afterward, shifting his position slightly and patting the empty spot beside him. He just chuckled softly seeing how Mark's smile widened and how the night-eyed man quickly jumped onto the bed and hugged his waist tightly. He combed Mark's black hair slowly. "How was your class today?"

"Dizzy."

Daniel chuckled amusedly. "It's your own fault that you took medic school," he replied casually, he opened his book again and let the man who was younger than him cling to him. "Medical graduates are not the only field of work, you know? You can take business and economics like I did, or accounting."

"It's not the only potential field of work indeed," Mark said as he turned over to lie down, his head in Daniel's lap while his gaze focused on the fallen angel. "But the money, the salary is big."

"Your brain only contains money and money alone," responded Daniel with a sweatdrop.

"And you."

There was no reply to that from Daniel other than a chuckle that automatically escaped his mouth with a light blush on his cheeks. "Did you occasionally meet Ennard there?"

Mark's face soured. "No and I hope never."

"Come on, he's actually a good kid," laughed Daniel as he patted the top of Mark's head. "You were the one who was too annoying in the past, Michael deserved to break up with you."

His words made Mark groan in annoyance. "Why did you have to bring that? That's so evil," he growled in annoyance, both hands reaching up to grab Daniel's neck and pull, making Daniel duck down and their faces were close together now. "I won't do it again, I promise," Mark continued, his tone soft and guilty at the same time, his eyebrows knitted together.

"I know," Daniel whispered softly, before he kissed Mark's forehead briefly. "Come on, get up now, I have to make dinner."

"I will help you!"

Daniel smiled faintly. "Sure, you can help me peel vegetables in a bit." He chuckled at how Mark nodded enthusiastically before getting out of bed and leaving him for the kitchen, where he followed shortly after.

Mark had prepared the ingredients as soon as he arrived in the kitchen. "What are we going to cook today?" he asked curiously.

"Mr Afton's husband actually gave me one of his recipes yesterday, I want to try it," Daniel answered casually as he turned on his phone. "Aren't you quite busy right now?" He turned his attention to Mark who took out a knife.