Ch 15

"Daddy! Papa, why can't we come tomorrow?" Elizabeth glared at the black-haired man while pouting her lips, her stepfather only gave her a faint smile before putting apple slices into her bowl. "I also want to support Daddy there, why do we both have to stay at home? It's not that I don't like Daniel looking after us, but I want to come physically and not just support him from a program on television later!" she continued her whining, Vincent nodded his head as if he agreed with everything she said and was still slicing the mango. "So—"

"Here, eat this." Michael stuffed his sister's mouth with a piece of apple. "You're so noisy," he complained rubbing his neck, feeling annoyed hearing all the girl's incessant chatter. "There will be lots of journalists and reporters tomorrow as this news has spread, you will be safe at home and won't have to deal with all the cameras and flashes later, it could be quite a headache."

"But I want to come to the court in person! It feels like being in a fil—"

Michael stuffed Elizabeth's mouth with another apple.

A sigh came from Michael's husband who picked two pieces of mango for himself and the blue-eyed boy who sat on his lap, quietly watching a film on the television screen. "When William returned to the business world again as Dave Miller, the four of us agreed that he wouldn't make us public and keep our privacy strictly," Ennard said while staring at his sister-in-law who was now pursing her lips. "Even when you were waiting for me during the college test, there was already a lot of articles circulating, if people saw him with you then that would strengthen the evidence of their news."

"Unless you want Father to show the public his children," Michael added casually, chuckling softly at the comedy scenes in the film. "I've been mistaken for him many times so I don't think the public will be surprised that I'm his son," he continued with a sour expression.

"It seems like it hasn't stopped since you were alive," Vincent responded with amusement. "You do look like William a lot."

"Papa, come on, not you too."

The youngest also commented. "I don't want to deal with cameras and paparazzi all the time." The fallen angel ate pieces of fruit served by their papa while still watching seriously at the television screen, one arm hugging Nightmare who was in the form of a plushie. "It makes my head hurt."

"But still! Daddy definitely needs mental support from his the most beautiful and pretty and elegant daughter over there." Elizabeth nodded her head and hugged William's arm while grinning. "Right, Dad?"

From the start, William didn't pay attention at all, his gaze was fixed on the television screen but his mind wandered off into the middle of nowhere, it was quite obvious in fact. He shook his coffee cup slowly, the contents stirred as he was still daydreaming. "I appreciate that, darling, but it's best if you stay here." William finally spoke, the corners of Elizabeth's lips curved downwards for an instant. "Besides, the court is actually a completely unpleasant and even boring place, do you want to go there?"

"Oh! Oh I've been there!"

"Michael, shut up."

Chris turned to his brother curiously. "You have?" he asked, now Elizabeth was also interested in hearing Michael's answer.

"Yeah," Michael paused before grimacing softly, "a few times. The first was when Father and Mother divorced, you were still small at that time but I attended it." William glanced at the eldest for a moment, Michael continued as his tone now sounded guilty. "The second one was after your death, Chris."

"You and your friends were taken to court after that incident?" Chris sounded surprised, Michael nodded slightly and patted the top of his brother's head for a moment.