Panic

Plot: buck has a panic attack at work

Tw: anxiety, panic attacks, swearing, (idk if this next one is a trigger warning but I'll put it here anyway) shutting down/non verbal, anxious thoughts/overthinking, dizzy, vomiting (not too much though and not very detailed) maybe more but these are the main ones.

Buck pov

I woke up early this morning too early.

I woke up to the room spinning. This was unusual but had happened before.

I got out of bed slowly. I walked slowly to my kitchen feeling like i was going to fall. I open the fridge and take out a Gatorade.

I open the Gatorade and chug it.

I stand up and turn on the lights.

The lights were too bright so i turn them off again. I get a juice box out of the fridge and walk over to my living room. I sit on the couch.

I find one spot on the wall to stare at to try and stop the spinning.

I stare for what feels like forever.

Its not working.

I open the juice and drink it slowly.

As im drinking the juice i start looking around beside me looking for my phone which i quickly realize i left upstairs. I finish the juice and go upstairs to get my phone.

I see a couple notifications but ignore them all.

I walk slowly back down the stairs holding the railing tightly.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and walk forward back to the kitchen.

I open a cupboard and take out the bread. Out of that same cupboard i take out the peanut butter.

I take out two pieces of bread. I put them in the toaster and go to sit at the island while I wait for them. I look at the notifications on my phone. My toast pops and scares me. I jump which makes me more dizzy.

I stand up and take the toast out of the toaster.

I open a drawer and take out a spoon since i dont really trust my shaking hands with a knife.

I try to open the jar of peanut butter.

My hands are shaking and my arms feel like jello.

I try harder and eventually get the jar open.

I take the spoon and dip it into the peanut butter.

I take some out and start spreading it onto the toast.

I pick up the toast and go sit at my dining room table.

I check the time as I'm eating.

4:22am

I still have a bunch of time before work.

I need to make this better before i leave.

I try staring at the wall again to see if that helps anymore.

I zoned out staring at the wall im broken out by a loud ringing.

I look at my phone and see its maddie.

"Hello?" I say

"Hi buck what time do you leave for work today?"

"Well work starts at 7 so im going to get ready in..."

I look at the time

5:39

"Im going to start getting ready as soon as i get off the phone with you. I'll probably leave around 6 or 6:30 to make sure of any traffic that I'm not late. Why?"