2 Hope

TW: Assault

Aki's POV

When I woke up, I wasn't sure if I wanted to open my eyes. I instantly felt a wave of pain coming from my arms and ending in my head. I felt cold. So so cold. I shivered.
As I moved a little onto my left side, I heard chains rattle, and I recognized the well-known weight coming from my handcuffs. I wish I was dead.

I opened my eyes.
The cold light coming from the aisle dazzled me. I started to tear up, but before tears could fall, I blinked them away.

I sat up and looked around. Everything was still in place. I sat on my mattress, leaning onto the grayish stone wall to help me with my balance.
I really felt like I haven't slept in days, even though I had just woken up. I removed my light blonde hair from my face behind my ear. I then looked at my hand: bruised, pale and unfamiliar.
I know that it is my hand, but it all just didn't feel right.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of fast steps coming towards me. I flinched and made myself as small as possible, even though the inside of my cell was very well-viewable.

I heard two voices. One shouted at the other and they came closer and closer.
„I'll go to the league of villains when the sun sets. I want you to tell the plan to Katsukame and Ironaka. Have you understood, Nemoto?"
„May I ask what exactly your plan is, Overhaul?"
„I'm going to offer them a deal, and then I'll take control of the league of villains!", he begins to laugh and they stop right in front of Eri and my cell.

„Let Cronostasis know that it's his time to take care of the brats. Oh and don't forget to pack the bullets."
„Yes sir."

Overhaul walks away. But Cronostasis stays in-front of Eri's cell.

What exactly is Overhaul planning? Will he run more blood tests? Will we ever escape?

>>We aren't supposed to question that.<<

Right. Right.
I just have to survive a little while longer to help Eri.
One day we'll escape. I am not allowed to think about what'll happen. Then I'll just worry and that won't help anyone.

>>You're right. Heads up. You have to live.<<

My thoughts were interrupted again. A tall man in a black coat stands in front of my cell. So this is Nemoto.
He wears a black bird mask covering his whole face. On top of his head, he has a dark blue hat covering his hair. He has bright white boots and the only thing about him that isn't covered are his hands. He raises his right arm and points his finger at me.

„You, 01, stand up."

>>Every time someone stands before our cell, we have to stand up and show them our bare hands.<<

I hesitate.

>>You stupid! He'll kill us.<<

„Oh, won't you stand up, you useless doll? I can make you if you want!", he shouted at me.
I stood up, almost losing my balance.

>>Your hands<<

I raised my hands, the back of my hands facing the ceiling. He then showed me to turn them around. I followed his demands.
„Good girl." he said, and I felt my stomach hurt. I feel so useless and dumb being called these names.
Sadly, I have to leave you all too soon. I got to help Overhaul with his plans. But don't worry, puppy, I'll come back later for you.", he looked disgustingly at my body and I heard him grin.  My body was covered in cuts and bruises. Somewhere new and some so old that I couldn't remember how I got them. The only thing covering my body was a plain, short-sleeved dress. It was somewhat dirty and you could see some fringes. I had some bandages around my legs and right arm, but they were loose and dirty as well.