5 Eri

Aizawa's POV

Nezu and I walked out of her room. What the hell was that? This conversation... Can she really not remember?

„What do you think?" I ask in Nezu's direction. He is really really smart and probably has a diagnosis and a plan already.
„She seems confused. Propably, her confusion and memory loss are caused by a trauma response. This is quite usual. Her memories should come back in some days or weeks." I nod. „We need to keep an eye on her. She could have a dangerous quirk, and if she can't remember how to use it, then this situation is even more dangerous." We walk down the floor and turn right. „We should talk to Eri then. The nurse said that she was doing quite alright."

Before Nezu was able to respond, a red-haired boy crossed our sight. It was Kirishima. „Sensei! Mr. Aizawa!" he shouted while jogging towards us. Huh. I let out a sigh and stopped my movements.
„What is it, Kirishima? You are supposed to rest." He stops jogging midway and then walks over to us with a hanging head. I hear another voice.

„Kirishima! You aren't allowed to run in a hospital! Come back and excuse yourself." Iida walks quickly behind him and fidgets around with his hands. It looks like he cuts through the air. As soon as he saw us, he bowed deep and excused himself for Kirishimas actions.

These kids are so...
annoying.

„Thank you, Iida. Would you bring Krishima back to your room?" Nezu said while smiling. Iida's eyes sparkled, and he let out an excited „Yes!".
„Wait! I- Mr. Aizawa." Kirishima hesitated.
„What?" I said, rolling my eyes. „Is she alright? The girl?"
I remember that Kirishima was the one carrying her out of the building to the safety station. „I heard that she tried to run away. It that true? Shoto told us a patient ran into him and his discribtions... It must have been her!"

I lay my hand on his shoulder. „This is right, but she is fine and stable now." You could see the relief Kirishima feels. „Can I see her? She knows me."
„This is nice of you, young Kirishima, but I don't think it is time yet," said Nezu while looking up to me.
„What is her name?" he asked further. „We don't know yet. Now go back to your room. We don't have time for chatting." And with that, we went on to Eri's room.

.

As we opened the room, we saw her sitting on the bed, looking outside.
She turned around to look at us. She looks devastated and sad. Her blue hair looks freshly combed, and the injurie on her chin looks better than when she came here. The bandages on her arms and legs are fresh. All in all, she looks better. A lot better than the girl, too.

„Hello, my name is Nezu, and I am the principal of UA High School. This is Aizawa, a teacher at UA. You are Eri, is that right?" She nodded and looked back at the window.
„Midorya, whose hero name is Deku, told us about you. Thanks to him, we got to save you."
She nods and looks rather happily, but without a smile.

Deku said that she trusts him, and without that trust towards each other, we wouldn't have been able to save them.

„We need you to answer us some questions. Is this alright with you?" She nods again. There is no emotion in her face at all. We sit down next to her bed.
„Do you know your last name?" „No." Her voice sounds like that of an angel.

„How old are you?" She puts her pointing finger on her chin. „I'm not sure."

„Don't worry. How long have you been kept there?"
„A long time. I'm also not sure." She looks at her hands, which are lying on her legs.

„Can you tell us something about the girl that was kept with you?"
Her head lifted up, and she looked at us for the first time. She nods quickly.
„Where is she? Can I see her?"
„We will discuss this, but first we need to clarify everything that has happened. So what is her name?"

„Aki, her name is Aki." She looks at us, stressed, waiting for the next question.
„Do you know her last name?"
She shook her head.
„She said that her name was ‚Patient 01' so whats up with that?"
A bad feeling went down her spine; you could see her getting uncomfortable.
„Its the name they gave her. Aki is the one I gave her. It sounded nice, and she liked it."
A rather sad smile escaped her emotionless expression.
„So you don't know her real name, and neither does she?"
Eri nods.
Nezu looks at me until he speaks up again: „Where are the other >patients<, or were you two the only ones?"

„I don't think there were others. But I am not a patient. She is."
„You are not? What's up with that?"
She bites down on her lip and tries to escape our looks. „I'm not sure."

„Then please go on and tell us what you know about you, Eri."

I begin taking notes.

She says that she lived happily with her mother and father until one day, when her quirk began to develop. She accidentally let her father disappear, and because of that, her mother disowned her.

In the middle of our conversation, she stopped and looked like she was about to cry. Nezu held her hand while I went to the nurse station. I asked for a cup of water but instead got a pack of apple juice with a straw. When I came back, she had calmed down already.

She and Nezu looked outside, and when they heard me, they turned around. I gave her the apple juice, and our conversation went on.

She says that she was captured one day and brought to the leader, Chisaki

She says that she was captured one day and brought to the leader, Chisaki. Eri proclaimed that all of them were rather friendly to her, not like they used to act around Aki. She became Chisaki's experiment for the operation to manufacture the quirk-destroying drug. She told us about him harming her and taking her blood.

I write everything down.

„Thank you, Eri; you did a great job. Could you now tell us what you know about Aki?"

She looks me in the eyes. „You are a hero, right? You won't hurt her with the information?" To my surprise, Nezu answered her.
„He is a hero, and the better we get to know her, the better we can help."
She nodded and went on.

Eri tells us that she doesn't know much about her. Aki was already there before Eri was brought to Overhaul, but she doesn't know what has already happened to her.

She told us about her memory loss. As long as she has known her, she has had this problem. She says that she gets confused easily and that we need to take care of her because her health isn't good.

Aki can't remember her quirk. Eri tells us that she isn't sure about her quirk either, because she did see her using her powers to heal her, to freeze a lock, and also to repair a hole in a wall.
She says that Akis emotions are mixed up sometimes and that she can't really control them.
And Eri repeats herself over and over again that she wants to see her.

When we left, we were stuck in our minds. How are we supposed to help her? What has she been through? And Eri isn't doing well either. It might seem like she will recover faster, but her mind seems to be racing.
How can we help them?

Nezu looks me in the eyes, and we both think the same.
„They will be safe inside the UA." I speak out our thoughts.
„Till we know what quirk they have, we have to protect them and the ones around them. With your quirk, Aizawa, we can provide safety." I nod.
„As soon as they are fit enough, we will get them to UA High."