Window 1

Welcome to December 1st, 2023!

Have you wrapped yourself around a comfy blanket with your favorite cup of hot cocoa and whatever device you're using? Good, because we kick off with our short story contest!

Short Story Prompts

1 - A stranger overhears your Christmas wish list and decides to make it all come true just in time for Christmas. - Alternatively, it can be the other way around, you overhear a stranger's wish list and decide to make it all come true.

2 - Coming from a broken home, you never really experienced the holiday spirit with your family. With your significant other/best friend, you finally get to know what Christmas is all about.

3 - There was always something about Christmas that you particularly disliked. Everything else was always as fun as could be. This year, the newly added family member through marriage asked you about the tale of how you came to dislike this thing. Write a story of how you came to dislike this.

4 - They say that each time a bauble breaks it claims the soul of whoever broke it. This year, you accidentally break one and you can already feel the ominous presence creeping up.

Poetry Prompts

1 - A joyful Christmas where everything is as perfect as can be.

2 - An appreciation of the details that make Christmas Christmas.

☆ Your story cannot contain more than 3000 words, or less than 2000 words

☆ Your story cannot contain more than 3000 words, or less than 2000 words. We're willing to give a small leeway of 50 words but do your best to stay within the given limit.

☆ Poetry entries cannot contain more than 200 words. We're willing to give a small leeway of 20 words but do your best to stay within the given limit.

☆ Your entry should be a single chapter. If your story contains multiple story chapters, your entry will automatically be disqualified.

☆ We'd like this to be family-friendly so mature content is not allowed. If you're unsure what counts as mature or not, please refer to Wattpad Content Guidelines. Please note, that prompt 4 is exempt from this rule. If your entry is based on prompt 4, you can write your entry as mature.

☆ Fanfiction and LGBTQIAP+ are welcomed.

☆ Your entry must be specifically written for this contest.

☆ Your entry must be written in any of the following languages: English, French, Japanese

☆ You can co-write, but only one profile will be eligible for prizes.

☆ You can post your story as a stand-alone or part of an existing collection. However, if posted in an existing collection you'll need to link the chapter link in the submissions form, not the story details page or your entry will be automatically disqualified.

☆ Feel free to use the tag #AdventContest23

☆ All entries must be submitted through THIS FORM. Any entries submitted after December 31st, 11.59 PM GMT+1 will not be considered eligible for judging. You're welcome to share your contest entry in the comment section, but only doing so will not make your entry eligible for judging.

 You're welcome to share your contest entry in the comment section, but only doing so will not make your entry eligible for judging

All participants can use this sticker to showcase they're participating!

The winner(s) will receive the following:

☆ A unique sticker to put on their cover, or anywhere else they may desire.

☆ A shoutout from all participating profiles.

☆ Be featured inside this book, with the restriction that the profile must share the same language as the entry. (e.g. English winner in English calendars, French in the French Calendar, etc.)

☆ Bragging rights.