Episode 27: Foreseen tests

(Watch Opening)

Ben stood next to the sidekick as she was introducing him to Sir Nighteye, who continues to glare at Ben with an intense gaze.

Nighteye: Bubble Girl, please send for Centipeder. I wish to speak to the "intern" alone for a moment.

Bubble Girl: R-right Sir!

She nervously salutes as she runs out the room, leaving Ben alone with the tall man.

Nighteye: Now, what was your name?

Ben: Uh, Ben Tennyson, Mister Nighteye, Sir.

Nighteye: Ah. Tennyson, yes. I remember now. I watched you at the sports festival, I bet you feel proud about your overall victory?

Ben nervously scratched the back of his head as the hero made his way to his desk.

Ben: W-well, I'm happy about it just like anyone else would be. But I actually was just competing for the fun of it.

Nighteye: You didn't have any confidence in your abilities?

Ben: No, just didn't want to assume I'd automatically win. In combat, a battle can go both ways, an equal chance at winning and losing.

Nighteye: Hmm...

Nighteye said nothing for a moment as he tapped his fingers together as he looked at Ben with a serious expression.

Nighteye: So tell me, why did you choose my agency? Surely after getting first place plus your quirk, you had more offers that were better then mine?

Ben: Well, honestly, I was overwhelmed. If you were to tell middle-school me that I'd end up getting first in the UA Sports Festival and over 5000 offers for internships, he'd probably laugh and wouldn't believe you.

Ben looked at his watch as he finished his explanation.

Ben: Sometimes I feel like I'm still that weak kid from my early years, so I couldn't exactly choose who to go for. A classmate helped me narrow it down and told me about your agency. Even though it was small compared to most you still had a great record of completed cases. So I thought it could help me with multitasking...

Nighteye: So...

Nighteye stood up as he glares at Ben, differently as it was more serious and angered.