TWENTY-SEVEN

One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside...

Present || Leonardo

A burning sensation greeted me as I awoke, my arms feeling as though they were on fire. I winced in pain as I got up, pushing the covers away from me. Raising my sleeves, my bandages were soaked with blood, digging into my skin. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked over my arms. They looked so-

Beautiful, a voice whispered.

They're absolutely beautiful, it repeated.

You're going to do this again, and again, and again, until you love it so much you can't stop.

Trust us, this will make them like you. You can punish yourself for all of your crimes, another cooed.

"Crimes?" I timidly whispered.

Crimes, they confirmed.

You stole their happiness didn't you? Matteo's gone because of you.

Their words dug into me like knives, the reality of what I'd done to him, my brother, my twin brother, it came onto me like a waterfall, drowning me in my own sorrow. My fingers subconsciously traced down my cuts, scratching the skin aggressively. 

Throwing the bandages in my bathroom bin, I took in my reflection. Dark eye bags littered my eyes, my scar as bold as ever, a deep red line outlining my other features. A humourless chuckle left me as I washed my face, covering my scar in concealer.

What will today give me?

***

We ate in silence, everybody was here except Alfonzo. Alonzo was on my right and Luca was on my left. Giovanni sat opposite me whilst Antonio and father sat at the ends of the table opposite each other.

Alonzo kept glaring daggers in Giovanni's direction. Luca hadn't said a word, only stealing glances at me from time to time. His lips were tilted in a frown, a guilty look surfacing in his eyes.

"Eat up Leo," Father said, an edge to his tone.

I said nothing, slowly bringing my spoon up to my lips.

"Fat shit," Giovanni mumbled.

"Don't." Alonzo replied, bringing my hand back up again as I lowered it," Don't let him get to you."

A small smile overcame me at his words and I ate the rest of my breakfast in peace. Giovanni glared at me but said nothing.

"Leo," Father began," I want to see you in my office when you're done." He stood up from his seat and left, the door to the dining room shutting softly behind him.

Giovanni chuckled," What did you do now?"

I tensed at his words but offered no response. Getting up from my seat, I stumbled to the door, trying to get away from his burning glare.

"Leo you want me to come with you?" Alonzo asked softly.

I shook my head, giving him a small smile as I left.

Familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें