Chapter 1: Leo.

It was finally that day. The brothers were said to finally perform their number for the kingdom, since it was the day of the annual music festival. The kingdom was all lit up, colorful lights adorning the entire city as everyone gathered around at the center to see their performance, knowing it will be great.

They have been practicing for days, Raph, Donnie and Mikey were thrilled to hear that they were performing today at last. The 3 of them headed up on stage, and made sure that Leo was inside the clam shell, for they were preparing a special number coming from him, expecting him to come here early.

As King Splinter arrived on his chariot, April, the king's royal advisor commenced the performance and they all sang. They swam around, dancing happily as they sung harmoniously, it's rhythm flowing throughout the whole ocean. Now, time to reveal the moment they've all been waiting for. Raph knew that Leo would be fit for this, since Leo had practiced the most in his free time out of all of them, and had a terrific singing voice enough to lure in even the farthest things. His vocals were contagious and would please anyone who ever hears it, and so, he became lead.

But oh, what's this?
They opened the shell to see him gone, completely absent from the performance. The 3 of them gasped. "Wait, what?!" Mikey exclaimed, his heart racing as he panicked. "No, this can't be! He's gone again?" Said Donnie, who was absolutely furious. "Unfortunately yes. In this middle of the performance?!" Raph got extremely concerned and requested April to call the performance off, and to reschedule it another time. The other merfolk left the scene, along with some fish as the curtains closed. April wanted to blow off some steam, and gulped nervously, trying to not get a reaction out of the king.

"Sire, I-"
"Find him at once. I couldn't let this happen to us and my people." Splinter huffed, as April scurried away, trying to look for him. She looked everywhere, wondering to herself, If I don't find in him in time, I'm surely gonna get fired! Ugh, it's all fine, April. Leo's always absent from these sorts of things. I'm starting to think he just practices for no reason, doesn't he.

April shook her head and began to search the entire kingdom for him. Still no sign. He'd often leave some sort of trail of things, things like hidden treasures he might've found while wandering off, and so she tried to be on the lookout.
Coral cove? None. In his room? None. In any alley and every crevice of the kingdom, he was still not there. April began to worry, gritting her teeth, Where did that stupid sea turtle go?! She groaned and had no other choice but to look outside the kingdom.

No. It can't be. He can't just find his way out of the kingdom. Even worse, Leo had this sort of this fascination with life on land. So he would always wonder what it's like up there. April began to ponder, Wait. He can't just go up there, can he?! Knowing how easily Leo can get away with things, I must know he's up there somewhere. She sighed. He is so dead by tonight. I'm not going to let him get near the shore. Leo might get hurt, and this will all be my fault!

As April began to search, she only grew more and more anxious. It's almost like he had disappeared completely. Vanishing into thin air as we speak. For she had no other choice but to look by the abandoned shipwrecks, her worst fear. Leo might've gotten lost. She continued swimming, only to hear some giggling from afar. April rolled her eyes and scoffed, following the voice, knowing that Leo was only a step away.