Chapter 5: Under The Sea.

April huffed, looking around to see where Leo had gone. Her anxiety was through the roof, ruffling her hair as her breath got short. The boys looked at her funnily. "Hey, April! Take it easy! What's going on?" Mikey cheerfully said. April took a moment to stop and catch her breath. "Hey, have you seen Leo anywhere?" The boys looked at her confused, "Wait, you're looking for Leo-" Donnie later got cut off, with April getting all up in his face, gritting her teeth.

"Yes! I'm looking for Leo. Have you seen him anywhere?" The boys looked at each other for a while, trying to debate on whether or not to reveal his location. Judging on April's looks, they weren't sure on what to tell her, due to the risk of Leo getting in trouble, again. Well, for good reason, supposedly.

"My question is, why are you looking for him? Who knew you were so eager to ask us?" Donnie was determined to ask, letting his brothers take a backseat, going up to April himself to stall at her.

"Well, I'm just looking for your brother to see where he wondered off to this morning. We weren't done with our conversation by the way!"
"Did he perhaps swim away in the middle of it?" Raph asked.
"Yes, exactly! And he headed back here."
"Classic Leo. Of course he would." Mikey then said, smiling, further frustrating April. "Just tell me where he is already."

"In his room, he'll be out in a minute." As Raph said that, Leo barged out of his room, with a face filled with contentment, grinning widely. Until, he was stopped in his tracks by April. Whom he found again. "Leo, I think we need to talk."
She said sternly. Leo was rather confused, still keeping up his carefree attitude. April asked him to meet outside, for they were about to discuss important matters about his behavior.

Leo swam ahead, following April into the open blue.
"Yes, April?" He paused, "Let me guess, you're telling me not to go up there again. Like you always do."
"Well, it's important, Leo. Obviously I don't trust you and your gills up there." As she said that, she stood in front of him, arms crossed. Leo rolled his eyes and sighed. "And, why is that?"

"Because who knows what's going to happen to you! Plus, it's way better here under the sea. You just don't know how to appreciate it here."
Leo grimaced, clearly not interested. April then took his hands and the two swam across the whole coral reefs. "I mean, just look at the world around you. Right here on the ocean floor!" The two grazed over vibrant pink corals, to flourishing anemones. Fish swam around happily, enjoying their time. "C'mon, with all of this, what more are you even looking for, right?"

"Yeah, I mean I do suppose they are beautiful..." Leo gently held one of the sea daisies in his hand, inserting it through his mask, letting out a little chuckle. But as Leo looked around again, April was the one who vanished. All of the looking then turned into a hide and seek game. "Oh, so we're doing this now, huh? Bring it on, April!" Leo loved hide and seek ever since he was a little kid. He'd always enjoy playing it with his brother, Donatello, and most often he'd find everyone else immediately. Looks like his good treasure hunting skills really resonated from somewhere, didn't it.
But when it came to hiding, he'd be terrible, always hiding in the most obvious spots.

He looked behind the rocks nearby, none. Leo glided his flippers across the water, wanting to pick up speed. Nearby coral reefs? Nope. He looked in various different caves and coves, nothing. Leo then began to wonder to himself, is this how it really felt like? To play with a hide and seek expert? He shook his head and looked some more amongst the jellyfish hoards, not there either. He found himself exploring so many areas of the ocean, like various caverns and valleys. Even as far as the shipwrecks. Or even farther. At this point, Leo was even more unsure of himself and began to feel hopeless, feeling like he'd truly lost April.
But, he felt someone tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, I was right behind you, silly!" April teased, making Leo very annoyed, but very impressed by her hiding skills. Best part was, he didn't even feel the water current even move behind him. She was quick. "Good one, April. You were there this whole time?!"

"Hell yeah I was. Now, how was subtly appreciating some of the ocean around you doing?" April playfully bumped him, with Leo now then realizing that something was up here. "Okay wait. What did you just say?" He said with forced laughter. Leo was always up for a chase game, but to think that this game as a whole was only there to be set up. Only as an excuse for a bigger reason. Leo got suspicious, seeing how April worded that question only to find out that game was only to get him to do what she wanted. The more he realized this, he became even more stubborn at the thought of it.

"-Okay, ignore that. Alright, up for another round?" As April said that, Leo got distracted again, turning the other way, swimming upwards. "Hey! Where do you think you're going again?!" She really couldn't keep in in place, could she. He saw something big above the water, surrounded by various colorful lights. Mesmerized, Leo followed it, while April tried to swim up behind to see what was really going on.