Chapter 8: Washed Ashore.

As he continued to swim through the rough waters, he couldn't believe that a real, person from above is in his arms. This felt like a dream. But knowing that his life was at risk, Leo stopped daydreaming and swam up to the surface, paddling through the rough waters and did the best he could to try and save him.

At last, he had found some land where he could lay Usagi safely. His body was clearly unconscious.
Leo looked around, trying to figure out where he was. The storm had passed, and the sun was starting to rise, casting a warm orange glow over the landscape.

The sun's glow bounced off of Usagi's face, finally revealing it clearly to Leo.
Though he was soaking wet, with his clothes tattered, Leo couldn't help but notice that he's more beautiful up close.

He blushed as he curiously pushed the hair out of Usagi's eyes. He then checked if he was okay, by putting his head near his chest, hearing his heart beat. It was rather slow, but Usagi was hardly breathing. "Oh no." Leo gulped, worried that it was too late. But he only had 1 option left. To sing his healing song. Knowing that was the token vocalist of the brothers, he decided to put it to the test, hoping it would work.

Leo took a deep breath and began to sing, his voice echoing through the empty beach. The song was beautiful, with a soothing melody that seemed to calm Usagi's body. Slowly but surely, Usagi started to stir, his breathing becoming more regular. Leo continued to sing, pouring his heart into the song, hoping that it would heal Usagi completely.

As Usagi began to open his eyes, he held the hand Leo rested on his cheek with relief. He felt his lungs beginning to clear up, almost as if he never drowned in the first place. He began to notice Leo's face, how his smile lit up, his eyes glistening in the sunrise, and how his song felt almost hypnotizing to listen to.

It provided a warm, graceful feeling. Almost as if it sounded ethereal. Usagi began to smile, only for Leo to notice that he's regaining consciousness. Leo let go, returning back to the sea. Though he couldn't believe what he'd done. He had done what he knew would be impossible.

As Leo went to go hide behind a nearby rock, Usagi slowly sat up, coughing out small amounts of water. But, he was grateful that he survived, and felt better than ever. Though, he can't help but wonder, who was that person who saved him? He had this feeling where he started to feel warm inside, grinning with intense awe and gratitude.

But whoever he saw, even if it was a tiny glimpse, caught his eye. Who had saved him was extremely beautiful, like no one he's ever seen before. They didn't look like a yokai, He wondered. A sea spirit, perhaps? A soft blush formed on his cheeks, as he held his face curiously.

Usagi stood up, looking around to try and find that person. He couldn't see them anywhere. He wondered if he had imagined the whole thing, but he knew that he couldn't have survived without someone's help. He looked out towards the sea, searching for any sign of the person who had saved him.

But, he had no sign. Usagi then shook his head, looking behind to see that he's back at his palace, and he sighed in relief. "Finally. I'm home."

As he walked, he looked back towards the sea and wondered, "Thank you, whoever you are." He chuckled, knowing that he was only talking to himself, and walked towards the palace gates only to see Gen, completely overjoyed due to his return.

Gen ran up to Usagi and gave him a big hug, tears streaming down his face. "I thought I lost you," he said, holding onto him tightly. Usagi hugged him back, feeling grateful for his friend's concern. "I'm okay, Gen," he reassured him. "Someone saved me."
Gen looked at him with surprise. "Who?"

"I don't know, but they did. They had such an amazing voice." Gen looked back at him in disbelief, thinking that he had only been tricked by a certain Yokai, or he had just gone insane. "You must be imagining things."
"I'm serious! They were right there!" Usagi pointed out to the shore, but Gen still wasn't convinced. "Right, sure. Now c'mon, let's get you back inside."

Leo saw them go, lifting himself up from his current position. He sighed in relief and rested on the rock. Gazing at them from afar. He really couldn't believe he did it. Subtly glancing at his hands, knowing that he used them for something new. Something even more. Out of his reach, even. He grinned, knowing that finally he can prove them wrong.
Leo got up from behind the rock, and reaffirmed himself, "Watch and you'll see. Someday I'll be part of your world."

Whilst he was filled with bliss, it was only better to be more safe than sorry. April gurgled under the water. "Oh no."

A/N: Again, sorry for the short chapter. But hope you enjoyed this one<3