Chapter 11: Servant or Son.

A little later, Leo sighed as he rushed back into the palace, shutting his door gently to not wake anyone up at this early hour. He panted relentlessly, but after some time, slowly began to regulate his breathing.

Leaning against his door, his eyes widened at the thought that he had. "Oh. Oh my gosh. Did I just...?!" He exclaims in disbelief, lightly chuckling. Though, he wasn't able to hold that thought for long, confusion yet amusement on his face seeing the statue that he saw on the ship last night in his room. "How did this get here?" He swam towards it, beginning to study it's presence. Leo observed it's features, knowing that it was a spitting image of the young prince. Same eyes, hair, everything.

Even Leo couldn't see why he felt ashamed at the sight of it. He pondered about, picking at every detail. Leaning in closer, it shun in the light coming from above, giving the same glow he saw on the prince's face from earlier. Even if it were to made of just polished marble, he could sense a feeling of comfort. Like a hurl of that familiarity coming back to him one again. Leo grimaced and sighed at the thought, feeling proud of himself. Huh, he thought, Never knew he could be any cooler.

Before he could leave the room, a cluster of bubbles formed in front of him. Dissolving, Mayhem swam about, excitedly paddling around him. A huge smile appears on Leo's face as he picks Mayhem up, his heart melting at the sight of it. "Mayhem, dude!" He exclaims, "Where have you been, buddy?" Leo ran his hands through it's fur, hugging it. "I've missed you all day! You can't just vanish from me like that!"

Mayhem giggles about, eventually reappearing by his shoulder. It's giggle being contagious to the point Leo started laughing.
He sighs in relief, knowing that Mayhem was right where he wanted it to be. It let out a large burp, pieces of seaweed coming out of it's mouth. "You were eating my curtain again, were you?" Leo scoffs, slightly giggling.

Ruffling Mayhem's fur, it let out a whimper and looked at Leo with pleading eyes. "Okay, fine. But, were you trying to surprise me back there?" He asked to which Mayhem yipped loudly, nodding in response. Leo added on, "Damn, thank you! I was wondering where that statue could have been but holy crap it looks exactly like him." He extended his arms, "That's so cool! Also you aren't gonna believe what just happened, bud."

Mayhem looked him curiously, Leo's heart revving up like a time bomb. "Okay so, funny story." He began, "I met that guy. Like above shore! By myself!" Even with his explanation, Mayhem couldn't help but feel more puzzled. Leo rolled his eyes, "You won't believe me, won't you?" Mayhem slightly tilted it's head, preparing to hear Leo's side of the story.

"Okay, so, he was literally like nothing I've ever seen before. He had legs! He lived on land! I just—wow!" Leo stammered and flailed his hands about, swimming around the statue. "I couldn't believe I just- and wow..he's so nice.." He then takes a pause, letting himself float onto the rock below. "Charming...too. Okay wait, what am I saying?"

Shaking his head, he stops abruptly, seeing Mayhem heavily sighing by the side of his peripherals. Trying to keep the poor thing interested, Leo continued, "And you know what...I saved him myself. With no help whatsoever!" Mayhem's eyes widened as he said that. It begins to back away, while Leo just couldn't shut up. "Oh! And my healing song... it worked!! Oh my gosh it worked! It finally worked! After years of rehearsing!"

As he rambled, the creature's eyes remained widened, still in disbelief. While Leo couldn't seem to take a hint.
"He also held my face while I was at it! He held it! Gods, he was so-" Leo stops again, catching himself before he could say anything. "Wait, am I seriously crushing on him right now?" He said with forced laughter, his face beginning to heat up as we speak.

Mayhem facepalmed and began to slowly inch itself away, desperately trying to leave this conversation behind. Eventually, Leo took notice of this as soon as he turned around. "No, no, no! Wait! Dude, just uh...hear me out!" He exclaimed as he extended his arms to grab it.