Domino's

As I made my way downstairs to join everyone for breakfast, a strange undercurrent of hushed conversations seemed to envelop the room. It felt distinctly odd, as if a clandestine air of secrecy hung in the atmosphere. In the midst of this peculiar ambiance, I happened upon Amelia once more.

"Hey there, girl. Where have you been?" She greeted me warmly, though my grip on her arm conveyed a sense of urgency that I couldn't conceal.

"Listen," I began, my tone urgent, "we need to talk."

Amelia's expression immediately shifted, her brow furrowing with concern as she observed the tension in my posture.

"Have you had another one of those dreams?" she inquired, her voice laced with genuine worry.

"No," I replied, shaking my head slowly, "it's worse than that. There are new members here, and I have a gut feeling that Dean might do something terrible to them."

A puzzled frown crossed Amelia's face as she processed my words. She crossed her arms protectively over her chest, her concern deepening.

"What? No," she exclaimed in disbelief.

"No, you don't understand," I pleaded with her, my voice quivering with fear. "Those cars parked out front, they belong to people who didn't make it out alive. Amelia, you're my only chance to escape this place."

Her eyes widened in shock, and she leaned in closer, her curiosity piqued. "Escape? Why would you want to leave?" she asked, her voice tinged with confusion.

"Because, Amelia," I whispered desperately, the gravity of the situation sinking in, "if we stay, we might not make it out alive."

The setting itself added to the tension in the room, with dimly lit chandeliers casting a soft, eerie glow over the ornate dining area. 

Tapestries adorned the walls, telling tales of a forgotten past, and the antique furniture whispered stories of centuries gone by. The opulent surroundings stood in stark contrast to the dire conversation taking place, heightening the sense of urgency and foreboding.

"Listen carefully," I began, my voice laced with anxiety. "There are new members here, and Dean has been dropping hints that he might take drastic measures."

Amelia, her composure unwavering, responded calmly, her tone a soothing balm for my anxious soul. "Let's try to remain composed. If they harbored malicious intentions, they could have acted long ago."

"But those cars outside..." I stammered, struggling to convey the urgency that gnawed at me.

Amelia interrupted, her confidence unwavering. "Consider this, though: Do you truly comprehend the scale of this place? The sheer number of people here is staggering."

My mind raced, thoughts jumbled in a chaotic whirlwind.

"Come with me," Amelia urged, her voice carrying a reassuring assurance. "I'll unveil to you the myriad wonders that this place has hidden away."

With her as my guide, we embarked on a tranquil trail through the lush surroundings. Her words lingered, echoing in my mind like a calming refrain: "You have nothing to fear; it's perfectly safe."

I let her lead the way and we walked through plants

"Look here is the place for plants, more specifically the plants we eat"

I gazed around, the wind tousling my hair as I took in the breathtaking sights.

"Show me more," I pleaded.

She revealed a world I didn't even know existed. The day passed swiftly, and as the sun dipped below the horizon, she suggested we head back.

My feet were sore, but the experience had been nothing short of incredible. We returned to the house, and I noticed him waiting on the front porch.