Seeking

Alex

Well I mean, that's the pg version

A lot more went down

But I'm not willing to say all of it

I wonder what he meant by that

After everyone had finished sharing their backstories, a nagging curiosity gnawed at me. I began to explore the house, my footsteps echoing through the empty corridors until I reached a dead-end hallway. There, my eyes fell upon a small hatch in the ceiling. An attic?

Driven by a growing sense of unease, I reached up and pulled the hatch down, revealing a narrow staircase leading into darkness. With a shaky breath, I climbed into the attic, the musty scent of old wood filling my nostrils.

As my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I noticed something that made my blood run cold. There, in the corner of the attic, was a chain attached to the wall. Panic gripped me as I struggled to comprehend why such a thing would be hidden away in this forgotten space.

A wave of nausea washed over me, my breath coming in short gasps as I felt the walls closing in around me. The sight of the chain sent a chill down my spine, and I began to hyperventilate, overwhelmed by a sense of dread that threatened to consume me. 

It was as if the very air in the attic had turned toxic, suffocating me with its sinister presence.

"Darling?" I called out, my voice strained as if constricted by an invisible force, making it hard to breathe.

The sound of frantic footsteps echoed through the house, growing louder until they reached a crescendo near me.

"Oh no," I heard a voice exclaim behind me, and I spun around to see a face filled with utter shock.

"Please, I can explain," Dean pleaded, desperation evident in his voice as he tried to defuse the tension hanging in the air.

"Get away from me!" I screamed, my voice echoing off the walls of the dimly lit room. Panic surged through me as he enveloped me in his arms, his grip firm yet gentle.

"I would never do this to you! I swear," he insisted, his voice pleading, eyes filled with a mixture of hurt and desperation.

But my mind was clouded with fear and suspicion, and I couldn't bring myself to trust his words. Ignoring his protests, I continued to struggle against his embrace, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Get away from me! I hate you!" I shrieked, my voice raw with emotion, each word dripping with venom.

Despite my resistance, he held me close, his arms a steadfast anchor in the storm of my emotions. With each blow I rained down upon him, he remained steadfast, absorbing the brunt of my anger until I had exhausted myself, spent and hollow, collapsing into his embrace. 

And there, in the stillness of the moment, I felt a flicker of something beneath the layers of fear and distrust— a glimmer of warmth and solace in the arms of the one I had pushed away.

"I would never do this to you," he murmured, his voice heavy with regret. "I knew it was a mistake bringing you back into my childhood home."

The weight of his words hung heavily in the air, a silent acknowledgment of the turmoil that had engulfed us since our return.

The next day, I remained ensconced in sleep, seeking refuge from the tangled web of emotions that threatened to consume me.

__________

(A/N)

Sorry for the short chapter