Crazy?

After a week of Dean's constant presence, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about his behavior.

"Dear, why are you not sleeping?" Dean's voice broke the silence of the night, his concern laced with a touch of worry.

"Maybe because you're watching me sleep," I quipped, trying to lighten the mood despite the unease creeping over me.

He withdrew slightly, laying on his back with a heavy sigh, the tension in the room palpable.

"Do you have... trouble sleeping?" I ventured cautiously, noticing the furrow in his brow.

"Not usually," he replied tersely, his response leaving an unsettling chill in the air.

The next morning, I found Dean in the kitchen, his demeanor strangely upbeat despite the lingering sense of unease from the night before.

"Dean, are you okay?" I asked, studying his demeanor closely, searching for any hint of the turmoil I had sensed earlier.

"No, no, I'm more than okay," he reassured me with a forced smile, though his eyes betrayed a flicker of uncertainty.

He poured me a cup of coffee, and as I took a sip, he leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a hushed tone.

"Your friends will be over in a few. I have wine in the fridge, and, dear..." he paused, his gaze locking with mine, "...be careful."

"Don't leave, or do, I would love to recreate last week," Dean's words hung in the air, his lips lingering tantalizingly close to mine before he reluctantly pulled away.

As he exited the room, his presence seemed to linger like a shadow just beyond the threshold, leaving me with an inexplicable sense of unease.

The others trickled in, their voices blending into a cacophony of chatter as they settled into the room.

"You know you're not athletic, so why did you bother running?" Tammy quipped with a playful grin, her laughter echoing off the walls as she flopped into an armchair.

"It's not even funny, but the way you ran," Sandy chimed in, her amusement evident as she leaned back, her eyes sparkling with mirth.

"Damn, you didn't even make a mile," Alex teased, his tone light but masking a hint of concern.

"It wasn't even me, it was HIM. It's like he was gliding," I muttered, feeling a wave of frustration wash over me as I buried my face in my hands.

"To be fair, that man was running so fast, my eyes couldn't keep up," Jasmine remarked, her voice filled with incredulity as she recounted the surreal experience.

Jasmine's laughter filled the room, a melodic sound that lightened the atmosphere. "Now, girl, why did you run? You two were practically joined at the hip; I thought you two would be the poster couple of this place."

"Girl, I don't even know what I was thinking. Remember what I said about his father?" I began, drawing their attention as they leaned in eagerly, their curiosity piqued.

"Pause, I need something for this," Alex interjected with a mischievous grin, prompting me to retrieve the wine from the fridge. As I handed out cups to everyone, I noticed a flicker of hesitation in Amelia's eyes.

"Can't drink," she said softly, her hand hovering over the wine glass.

My heart skipped a beat as a sudden realization dawned on me. "You're pregnant!" I blurted out, my voice betraying a mix of surprise and concern.

Amelia's eyes widened in shock before she burst into laughter. "No, I just hate that wine!" she exclaimed, her laughter contagious as it echoed through the room.

I let out a nervous chuckle, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. That was a close call indeed.

"After all of your confessions, I decided to explore the house, and guess what I found..." I paused for dramatic effect, letting the suspense build as they leaned forward eagerly, their eyes shining with anticipation.

The room was filled with an electric energy, each person on the edge of their seat, waiting for my revelation with bated breath.