Part 19 KATHRYN'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

Disheartened, DANIEL walks away from the party, the echoes of the unfulfilled proposal lingering in the air. As he navigates the quiet street, he spots ANDREA waiting in a car nearby.

ANDREA: (rolling down the window) Daniel, hop in. Let's talk.

Daniel, still processing the events, hesitates before deciding to join Andrea in the car.

They drive to Andrea's place in a solemn silence, the city lights casting shadows on their faces.

ANDREA: (parking the car) I saw what happened back there. Are you okay?

DANIEL: (sighs) I thought she would say yes. I thought we were on the same page.

Andrea listens, offering a sympathetic presence.

ANDREA: Relationships are complicated, Daniel. Maybe she needs more time.

DANIEL: (frustrated) Time is what we've been lacking. I thought this would fix everything.

They enter Andrea's apartment, and she gestures for Daniel to sit.

ANDREA: (compassionate) Maybe it's not about the engagement. There are deeper issues that need addressing.

DANIEL: (reflective) You're right. I just wanted to prove that I'm serious about us.

Andrea offers a comforting presence as they discuss the complexities of relationships and the challenges Daniel and Kathryn face.

ANDREA: (gentle) Sometimes, the grand gestures don't fix the underlying issues. Communication and understanding are key.

DANIEL: (nodding) I need to figure out what Kathryn truly wants and needs.

As the night unfolds, Daniel and Andrea engage in a heartfelt conversation, exploring the intricacies of love, expectations, and the importance of addressing underlying concerns.